There's a Fine, Fine Line

GISELE SPOTTED ARIZONA AT A NURSES STATION, she walked over to her.

   "Hey."

The blonde stopped tying, looked up at her and smiled, "Hi."

   "As you know, I'm pregnant..." she trailed off.

   "Yeah, I think the whole hospital knows." Arizona said, going back to her laptop.

     "Congratulations... you have a new patient."

She looked back to Gisele, "Who? You?" the brunette nodded, "Oh, no. I'm not an Ob, I don't do textbook pregnancies. I'm a fetal surgeon, I do high risk pregnancies, you are not, you're fine..." she trailed off, "Wait, you're keeping it?"

  "No... I don't know but I know I gotta take care of myself while I make a decision," she could already hear Addison lecturing her on the importance of keeping herself healthy, especially now, "Also with my history and.... the father's history."

Arizona remembered the events from last year that led Jackson and April losing their baby, "Right. Okay, let's get you into an exam room."

Once in the exam room, Arizona patted on the exam table, instructing Gisele to hop on the exam bed.

  "I wouldn't worry about OI just yet, especially since the chances are point .005 percent..." Arizona began as she turned on the ultrasound machine.

     "Like one in 20,000 births," Gisele cut the blonde off, "I know."

   "Which is extremely rar—"

   "Arizona. I know."

Arizona nodded, "Good."

   "But that's not the only thing I'm worried about."

   "What else?"

   "Anencephaly." Gisele said.

  "Gisele, that's rare. Only 1 in every 4,600 births result in an anencephalic baby."

Gisele sighed, wiping her sweaty palms against her jeans. Anytime she thought about her options she'd get nervous, "I know, it's just... it's happened once in my family before and I know it probably won't happen again cause we're cousins. And we have completely different genes but you know."

   "Anencephaly is sporadic not hereditary."

Gisele nodded, having already known that, "There's also this thing..." She vaguely trailed off.

Arizona looked at her suspiciously, "What thing?"

   "I might have maybe been drinking excessively and using some not so legal drugs." The resident confessed.

   "Gisele!" Arizona scolded.

Gisele sighed, "I know but I was grieving and my grandma said to enjoy life, which I did."

Arizona sighed, "Okay, what are we talking about? Marijuana?"

She shook her head, "No. I mean yes but that's not all."

   "What else did you do?"

   "Some hookah. A teeny tiny bit of cocaine. A lot, I mean a lot of Molly, some lsd, and shrums."

Arizona sat in disbelief, "I am not saying this as your doctor but as a friend and a colleague: what haven't you done?"

   "Heroine." Gisele said with a straight face.

Arizona was baffled, "I have no words. How could you do that many drugs in that short of a timespan?"

    "Grief mixed with partying and raves."