Weed, Wine, and Sushi

1 week old

IT HAD OFFICIALLY BEEN A WEEK AND A HALF SINCE THE TRIPLETS WERE BORN, and Gisele was barley getting discharged fro the hospital.

She hadn't been relished because her blood pressure was ext low and dropped further when she slept. Dr. DeLuca fixed her problem a few days ago and today she was finally stable enough to go home.

Amelia helped Gigi sit into the wheelchair, she winced as she sat down.

Even thought it was a week and a half ago, her entire body ached and her c section scar throbbed every time she moved.

"Excited to get out of here?" Amelia beamed.

"Yes, very."

"Alright, let's go see the babies."

A short elevator ride later, they entered the NICU. There, Emmy and Jo each held a baby on their chest.

"Want to hold them?" Emmy offered.

Gisele was about to respond, when one of the triplets doctors walked in.

"Buongiorno." He greeted.

"Buongiorno."

"I see you are going home today."

"Technically, no. But I am being discharged."

"Eccellente, and how are you feeling?"

"Like a zombie, but better." Gisele responded.

"That is great. No now onto the babies," he said, "I'm still concerned about their weight, none of them of gained any weight in the past week so we will up their intake of calories."

"So they haven't gained anything, at all?" Emmy asked.

He shook his head, "None at all. Bambina a, still weighs 0.595 kilograms. B weighs 0.624 kilograms. C weighs 0.454 kilogram."

"Wait, that's... how—" Emmy trailed off, she wasn't the best with numbers.

Gisele quickly converted the numbers and told Emmy, "Baby a is 1lb 5oz. Baby b 1lb 6oz, and baby c is a pound exactly."

"The smallest girl, baby c, isn't fairing as well as her sister's. Her left lung collapsed and the right partially collapsed last night so she'll have to stay on the oscillator, she's doing better today. Baby a has a grade one brain bleed, b seems to have no bleed according to the scans. And c has unfortunately been upgraded to a grade two bleed." He said, "baby b is was removed from the oscillator and put on a normal vent. Her blood work, o2, blood pressure, and heart rate are straordinario."

"That means amazing." Gisele said.

"If she continues doing this well, we might be able to place her on cpap tomorrow. Baby a, we've put in a pic line. She's come off the vent last night and she's doing fantastico on cpap."

"Sounds like they're doing great." Amelia excitedly said.

"Yes, at this rate you will be out of here in no time." He smiled a final time before excusing himself.