Chapter 52

Shit, shit, shit. What do I do? What can I say? I know he's angry, worst than angry, he's livid. Maybe if I keep my head down and shrink back into the bed, he won't notice me hiding. It's a terrible plan, but it's the only option I've got. I mean I could try and make a run for the door, but I'm not sure id even be able to make it off the bed before one of them catches me, and even if I did make it out of the room, where would I honestly be able to go? I'd never make it off pack lands, let alone out this room.

"Her second test shows, she's got a form of drug in her system that masks the heat symptoms, she's currently at the start of heat, which is why you can sense it"

Oh no, that's it, I'm making a run for it! I notice the 3 are staring at the computer screen; maybe they'll be studying it so much that they won't hear me creep out. I quietly get off the bed, step one complete, and begin making my way to the door.

It's only as I go to touch the door handle do I hear the snarl erupt from the Alphas chest

"Sit down"

Only two words said to me, two very simple words, that a small child could easily understand and obey. I on the other hand, decide I can't understand simple English and make a break for it.

It's hard to believe that only a few moments ago I was under a form of sedation, I think with all the anxiety build up, and my werewolf blood, I've managed to burn through it. And shockingly enough I make it to the front of the pack hospital.

Stupidly however I freeze when I make it out the front door, which way do I go? Am I running to my old home, or my new home? But when I hear the deep growls behind me, I just run straight, hoping to keep getting some distance between us. I make my way into the forest, hoping that I will at least be able to blend my scent in with the surrounding area, but I barely get into them before I get tackled from behind. I don't even get time to get my head on straight before I get picked up and chucked over someone's shoulder. I don't even need to look at their face to know its Cain's shoulder I'm leaning over.

"You're quick little one, ill give you that. It properly took me twice as long to catch you this time compared to the last" he gives me a little laugh before he playfully smacks my arse.

"What the hell! Put me down right now" I do add a few growls for added affect, but I fear these go straight over Cain's stupid head.

"Sorry sweetheart, this is a delicate time for us, and I don't need any other males getting close to you again"

I refuse to answer back, I don't want to add anymore fuel to the fire, I could give him nearly anything in the world and he still wouldn't put me down, and the one thing I could offer him, would take me straight off his shoulders, but its not something I'm prepared to give to him, so I suppose I should get comfy up here.

It doesn't take long for him to walk us to his office, and only when the door is shut and locked does he lower me down onto a chair. Once some of the blood rushes out of my face, do I notice that I'm not alone in the room with Cain. Ronan and Jake are here too.

Cain walks round his desk; before he sits down to address us.

"Right, this is how its going to go down, me and Kara, will make our way to the River Canyons pack, were going to go by foot again to save a days travel. Ronan, I'm leaving you in charge of the pack again, make sure to keep an eye of the training schedules, if we manage to catch the Luna Moores Delta, we could have a bit of a fight on our hands trying to bring him back, so I want security at the top of our game. Jake, contact a few of our surrounding packs, get them on board with the idea of joining us to sort this pack out once and for all. Any questions?"

Alpha is smart – no Alpha is dumb, and where were you when we were being chased by said smart alpha? Oh that's right probably enjoying being tackled, carried and then having our backside touched by said smart Alpha!

"Cain, have you properly thought this through? I mean, fair enough to take Kara with you, but she's just starting her heat, she could attract anything to your location"

Beta is stupid- Not that I would like to agree with anything Ronan says at this current time, but he is actually right, it would be much safer for me to stay here, in this pack, and away from Cain.

"Yes I have, last time I left her here with you, look what happened. Like I said earlier there are no second chances"