Chapter 49

"I challenge you, for the right to be the next Luna!"

I swear this tramp is deaf; did she not listen to the last few minutes of our previous conversation? Must be all the hair spray clogging her ears up

"As I said, you can have him, no challenge needed, you want to be beside him, then be my guest"

I turn to walk again. I don't get very far before I hear a few gasps, I swing back round, and dodge as quickly as I can, but get two very small scratches on my face from Amy, who had just lunged for me.

"How dare you disrespect our Alpha, it would be an honour to be chosen by him"

Yawn! Seriously losing the will to live here.

"Look slut bag, he doesn't want you, so just fuck off back to the hole you crawled out of"

Mate, fight for breeding rights, want AlphaI wonder if sedatives are expensive? I hope not, because were going to need a few shots soon. And anyway, we have a mate, he's the BETA, we don't need more than one!

I regain my thoughts, again noticing I've not paid attention to Amy shouting at me, but I do notice Jake walk over.

"Ok ladies, let's break this up and just walk away from each other"

Really? Can't he see I've been trying to do that for the past few minutes, it's the slut who's not taking the hint. Again, I try to walk away. Barely a few steps are made, before I get shoved.

"You're a worthless she wolf, no one would want someone like you"

"You are fucking asking for it, now pipe down and beat it, before I make you!"

Fight – best choice you've made all day.

Amy lunges for me, she's not skilled in the slightest, so completely misses and hits the deck, and again it brings a smile to my face, which pisses her right off. She gets up quickly and goes for me again; a simple side step and I can put my foot out for her to trip, with another thud as she hits the floor.

"Seriously? And you called me worthless."

I know I shouldn't antagonise people whilst they're down, but she was asking for it, and she started on me first. I'm just fighting back like she wanted.

She lets out a cough, most likely clearing the dust from her face.

"Yeah, no wonder Ronan was with me this morning, he obviously didn't get what he wanted from you!"

The growl that came from my throat is enough to frighten her, to a cowering position, but she needs to learn, she overstepped her mark. She issued a challenge that me and my wolf cannot ignore.

"Kara, that's enough, just walk away" Jake comes between us again, but my target is still trying to play tricks with me. If she had stayed silent on the floor maybe I could have let it go, but when I see the sly wink and smile on her face, I completely lose it.

Kill

I stalk towards the disgusting snake on the floor, only to get firmly restrained by Jake, by him standing behind me in a hold, he's strong, for a delta, but I have alpha genes running through me, and a wolf who demands blood.

"Don't feel too bad sweetheart, he sleeps with every new girl who turns up, but he always comes back to me, never truly satisfied by others"

My final restraint snaps, now she's gone too far.

I throw my head back, instantly hitting Jake in the face; he releases me to hold his jaw. Amy shuts up and her face goes white, she begins backing up a quick as she can, she knows she's done for.