Chapter 4

I open the door as slowly as I possibly can, to the fact it starts squeaking. I go in and shut the door behind me. I keep my head down; over the years I've learnt that the best way to deal with my angry dad, is to keep my head and eyes down.

I start walking slowly over to my dad. I can hear him getting up from his chair and putting his hands on the desk.

I lift my head ever so slightly so I can look at his face, upon seeing his black eyes I immediately put my head back down. My dads not completely horrible to me, but he does have a foul temper, and gets angry much to quickly, and he wont stop until the other person knows they were in the wrong.

I stand behind the two chairs just in front of his desk, which are currently being occupied by beta Ryan and delta AJ.

I speak, but it's so quietly you'd think a mouse had said it.

"Hi Daddy, I just wondered if you wanted a cup of tea?"

The two in the chairs just burst out laughing at me; I lift my head and give them both death glares. Don't they realise I'm trying to be nice so dad doesn't get anymore angry with me, and tea is his number one weakness.

"Kara"

I lift my head, and give him the cutest smile I can make, and flutter my eyelashes.

"Oh please, not the eyelashes again"

I look over to my uncle and again repeat the evil stare. My uncle needs to mind his own business, he's lucky I saved him and AJ from being shouted at.

My dad lifts his hand up, an action for all of us to stop and pay attention, before he speaks.

"That's enough from all of you. Now, Kara, why are you spying on what I have been discussing about pack business? You know that packs business doesn't concern you."

I instantly roll my eyes. And there he goes again, about women having no place higher up in the pack, and how men are the superior species. I'm surprised that women in this pack are even allowed to train and fight. It just appears that I'm not allowed to.

"I just wanted to know what was going on; you never tell me anything about the pack. It's my home and I would want to know what was happening within it"

Delta AJ lifts his eyebrows up, clearly impressed with what I have said,

"Wow, spoken like a true Alpha's daughter"

Yeah, I was a little surprised too, I said it with my head held high, and meant every word I said. At the end of the day, if I was their only child, I would get to take over as there would be no one else.

"Enough!"

Oh dear, dads getting angry again, what have I done now.

"My daughter, will never be in charge of this pack, so get that idea out of your head"

I'm absolutely gobsmacked; I decide to put the earlier idea from my head into words to see what reaction I would get. With a slight raise in my voice, I put my point across.

"And whys that? If Tim wasn't born, I would be next in line for the Alpha's place"

He looks shocked that I dared to answer him back; AJ and Ryan just look at each other.

"I would give the title over to my brother, our Beta. I would not give the title and the pack over to my little girl!"

Oh, I see where this is going, he doesn't think id be able to manage it. Right now I'm seething with rage. My voice again, going louder, with a growl added to it

"So you don't think I'd be able to run this pack, because I'm a girl!"

"Well Tyler, I can see where she gets her temper from"

Seriously doesn't Uncle Ryan know when to mind his own business, that's 3 times this morning he's been a pain in the backside.

I look back at my dad, he's panting while holding back growls, his eyes go black and he's physically shaking trying to hold his wolf form back, his claws come out, crushing the side of his desk.

I carry on looking at him, head held high, I will make my point that I won't back down on this issue. My dad lifts his head and practically shouts so the whole pack can hear him.

"The reason why you wont be Alpha is because of what happened the last time another Alpha stepped foot into my territory!"