Chapter 35

I'm barely 10 minutes into my drive before my phone starts ringing. I connected it to Cain's car when I was in his garage and set myself as the main driver, another thing he will have to change before it goes back to his settings.

It's a number I don't recognise, but I answer anyway

"Hello, Megan's phone, whose calling please"

"Kara cut the bullshit"

Oh no its Ronan, he sounds mad, what on earth have I done now?

"Kara who, this is Megan's phone"

I think I'm in such a state of shock from him shouting I just carry on with my pointless lie; I'm really not going to get out of it.

"enough, I know its you, now your going to do what I say and turn that car round and bring it back, preferably with you still in it. Then were going to talk"

I'm not ready to go back yet, I want to go shopping, I already have my purse and I need to get out of the house and live a little. I'm suffocating being in there.

"Sorry, didn't catch a word of that, you were breaking up"

I mentally laugh in my head; if he heard me out loud he would lose the plot.

"Don't you dare play that game with me; I'm telling you to get back here now."

Who does he think he is, I'm the one with the Alpha blood here not him. I take a deep breathe; I don't want to fall out with him over something so minor.

"Look Ronan, I just need some fresh air and some normality, I'll be gone an hour at the most, maybe two."

I don't even get a chance to breathe again before he's back to shouting at me again.

"Kara, if you're not back in the next 15 minutes I swear"

Oops, I might of pushed the disconnect button, oh well. He will just have to carry it on later when I return. Return? That's if I return back to their pack, I could just carry on driving and go back home, even if it will be a short visit as I most likely will be collected sooner rather than later.

It only takes me another 20 minutes to reach the retail park. I park the car as close as I can to the door. I don't like walking for miles with heavy bags. I go in with a somewhat gloomy expression, I was happy about coming until Ronan started on me for no reason.

I'm not a massive shopper, so I only go in for the bits I need. I'm still looking for a dress for tonight. I make my way into my favourite shops, like Jane Norman, quiz and new look.

It doesn't take long for me to find the perfect dress. It's a very figure hugging dress, in a beautiful hunter green, it has black sequins on the shoulders that lead down and round my breasts before curving under them and then joining down the middle. It has long sleeves and it ends at my mid thigh. I also manage to find the perfect pair of black heels to go with it. I end up paying for both and make my way back to the car. I put everything on the back seat before jumping into the front.

I look to my phone and realise I haven't been very long at all. I know I said id be back in an hour, but I'm still not ready to go yet, I want to enjoy my time before heading back to my prison cell.

Before I manage to push the start button, the door is pulled open and the keys taken off me.

I hide my head low, ready to take the serious talk Iknow that's coming.