Chapter 5

My eyes immediately go down and fill with tears. How dare he bring that up, it wasn't my fault what happened. I refuse to cry in front of anyone and hold them back in.

My uncle looks towards me with a sad expression on his face.

"Tyler, I think that was a little uncalled for, be reasonable, at the end of the day it wasn't her fault what happened"

"Its Alpha to you, Beta Ryan, now get out of my office Kara"

I heed his warning tone, and storm out of his office slamming the door as hard as I can. If I'm lucky it will fall off the hinges and he won't be able to have his little talks in there anymore. I instantly block my mind from everyone – I'm not in the mood to hear anyone out today

Considering I'm still fuming, I go straight out the front door. Only one thing will calm me down. I either need to throw a few punches or go for a very long run. Considering it is only Beta Ryan who is allowed to train me, and he's still in what's left of the office, I decide to go for option 2.

I decide to forget my warm up and just go straight into a sprint to get away from this house. I run straight into the woods. We have a few trails round here, and depending on your fitness level, that decides what route you take. Today I'm going for the hardest route. I will be away for a few hours, and that suits me just fine for now. I manage hills, jumping over logs and swinging across muddy ditches just fine, werewolf abilities and all that come in handy.

I'm about an hour and a half into my run, and I can feel myself start to slow down, my legs burning in pain. This is usually easy run for me, maybe it wasn't a good idea to go storming off and I should of actually have a decent warm up before starting. I decide to have a sit down, to let my legs recover before I make a start for the last 30 minute jogging session. I find a tree I sit under; it perfectly blocks the sun and gives me a cool shaded patch. Its then I realise that my eyes are getting heavier. Obviously having a shocking wake up from my brother like that it known to make you drowsy later on in the day.

"Maybe just a 5 minute power nap"

I mumble to myself while shutting my eyes.

------------

"Kara come here please"

I walk over to my dad; he holds his hand out for me to take. I take it and he brings me closer to a man I've never met before.

"This beautiful young lady is my daughter Kara. Kara this is Alpha William, from the Royal Blood pack."

I smile sweetly at the man my dad called William. He gives a very polite nod of his head towards me.

"She certainly is beautiful, Alpha Tyler, a real credit to the Nova Woods pack"

I say thank you to the man for his generous and very nice words. Internally I laugh, my dad told me to be careful near the Alpha's, and he said to be especially careful near the ones who don't have mates. So I am constantly being watched by the higher up people of the pack, as they are the only ones allowed to attend this 'top' party, as my dad calls it. As far as I can see, this Alpha is as nice as pie.

A lady then comes over and wraps her arms around ones of Alpha Williams.

"And this lovely lady is my mate, Luna Vanessa"

She smiles at me with her eyes open very wide and nods, I feel very confused by this gesture.

"Oh William, she would be the perfect mate for our son, who might I add will be taking over soon as Alpha."

Alpha William nods his head in certainty.

"Yes dear, she would be a lovely addition to our family, and to take on the role as our new Luna, obviously once she has completed the mating bond with our son."