Chapter 6

I force my self out from my nightmare.

I look round, yep still sitting under the tree, I'm fine, absolutely fine, nothings happening to me, I'm fine.

I sigh, a single tear going down my face; at least I didn't get to the worst part off the dream. I haven't had this dream for a good few months; I finally managed to stop having them. I suppose where my dad brought up that sensitive subject I would start having them again. Great, I needed less sleep than I already got anyway.

I get my self up from the floor, and start very slowly finishing the rest of my jog. I should be back in about half an hour. I look up at the sky and notice that it's already starting to get dark, oh my god, how long was that 5 minute power nap, and I slept through breakfast and lunch! Suppose I should get moving.

The jog back is as easy as anything, thanks to my power nap. I mentally face palm myself, who really sleeps that long?

I decide I'm not ready to go back and see my dad yet. I make my way to the pack house. I go through the back door as I know there are spare t-shirts and trousers in case anyone comes back in wolf form and needs to cover up.

I grab a set and make my way to one of the bathrooms, when I get there I step inside quietly closing the door behind me, no one needs to know why I'm here and not at home. I put the clothes on the side and begin to undress.

I turn the shower on and set it to the right temperature. I just stand under it for a while thinking back on some of today events.

My brother being an annoying pest, the fight with my dad, and that stupid, stupid dream! I come out of my thinking state and immediately punch the shower wall, so hard that I actually break the tile with ease and have made a dent onto the wall behind. I push both of my hands against the wall leaning over. I'm panting with how angry I am, my canines exposed. I'm in such a state I don't know that I've cut my hand and that blood is trickling down my arm.

"Kara, are you ok?"

I swing my head round to the closed door, that voice, its Thomas, my best friend.

"Erm, yeah I'm fine"

I look at the wall to see the damage I've caused, then down at my hand, to see that I've seriously split the skin on my hand open

"Are you sure? I heard a loud bang"

"Yeah of course, I just, I just erm ... slipped"

Slipped?! That was the best excuse I really could come up with?! No wonder I failed at drama classes, I would get an oscar for the worst actress ever with that performance.

"Righttt, ill just wait outside till you're done, we really need to talk."

I look down, I'm not in the mood for talking, it's clearly not done me much good today, but I suppose being my best friend I should hear him out.