Chapter 31

I stare at the door for a couple of seconds, contemplating if this was actually a good idea, maybe I could just hide round the house for the rest of my life, it is pretty big so they're are plenty of spaces.

I let out a loud puff, I need to get on with it and show Cain that I'm not afraid to fight for what I want, and that I need to put my foot down. I open the door wide, to see Cain sitting there with his arms folded, as soon as he sees that its me, he actually gets up, I close his door and walk towards him, very slowly, keeping an eye on his movement.

"Ah how lovely of you to join me Kara"

He motions for me to sit down in front of his desk. I fold my arms over my chest.

"I would say the pleasures all mine, but I'd be lying"

He lets out that stupid smirk all the same, before he goes to sit back down. Now he's a safer distance away, I decide to take the seat that he offered me.

"Now what can I do for the beautiful shewolf who is occupying my office today"

"Cain lets not beat round the bush here. What do you want from me? Why have I been forced into this pack?"

He lets out a low laugh, he clearly finds me amusing. I think I have a good idea why I'm here, I just need to hear if I'm correct in my thoughts, which I really hope I'm not.

"You're here for a pretty basic reason. You're here to be my mate, the future Luna to my pack, and to produce an heir for him to take over"

I think my mouth just hit the floor, my eyes don't stop blinking, he's got to be joking – right?!

"And you think that I'm willing to agree with these terms?"

He sits up higher in his chair, before standing up, looking down on me, trying to intimidate me. I will have to be careful with my answers now; he's starting to get angry.

"Of course, not that you have any say in the matter. I will mark you, and then you will want to mate with me as is you wolfs desire. It's what she will want, so you will have no choice in that matter."

Who does the big almighty alpha think he is, yeah he may look and act the part, but I already have a mate.

"And what happens when my mate comes forward to claim me, the man I rightfully want to be with"

Cain hits his desk quick firmly, the impact makes me jump up from my seat, but still my eyes fully remain onto him. He now comes round his desk, approaching me. I back up more as he approaches. In very few steps I'm backed up into the corner of the wall, Cain right in front of me, with no way out. He lifts his hand to caress my cheek.

"it's very simple, what will happen. I'll kill him. When I mark you, you won't even want to know him."

I go to grab his wrist, but he grabs it with his other hand and throws it back against the wall, and pinning his hips on to mine. I push against his chest with my free hand, but my strength is not enough to push him back.

As he lowers his head to my neck, he uses his free hand to push my head to the side, exposing my neck even further to him. He inhales before placing a kiss, then licking the spot where he would mark me.

"Cain, please don't!"

My eyes well up with tears and I fight back as best as I can with the limited movement that I can. Cain just lets out a little laugh before he pushes his body even harder onto mine.

"I like it when you say my name, and try to fightback, it will make the marking even more intense"