Chapter 12

I head on down towards the school, it's literally a 5 minute walk, so will take no time at all. The fact its approaching 10 o'clock means the streets are pretty empty, just a few pass by here and there.

I walk into the main office of the school. The head teacher knows I'm coming down today, so I'm shown to her room right away. She's already got the kettle on and making us a cup of tea as I speak.

We had a chat for just less than 2 hours; there wasn't really much help she needed. She was pleased with the addition of the nursery and said that it is coming on well. If she needed anymore help she would really like an outdoor seating area to be build so the kids could have lunch outside rather than being stuck in all day, which seemed like a good idea, I mean it's bad enough being at school for the most of the day, more time outside would be good. It's definitely a good idea to put forward to my dad.

I leave the school saying my goodbyes, I notice that's it's nearly midday, I decide to put the idea forward to my dad now then I can go an beat Thomas in the sparing match after.

Everything round here is pretty close together, so it stands to reason that in no time at all I'm standing just outside my house, but I notice as I walk up the drive, there is a black range rover. Hmm, typical bad arse type, wonder who this marvellous machine belongs too. I get my keys out to unlock the front door, its pretty quiet in here, where is everyone?

I walk into the kitchen, again no one here. Did they all move out and forget to take me with them?

"NO, THAT WILL NOT BE PART OF THE AGREEMENT!"

Great at least dads here, and lo and behold he's in a terrific mood.

Rather than spy on him again, as it worked soooo well last time, this time I just go straight into his office – he may require saving from whoever he's shouting at, at least I have a good excuse for why I barged in.

I open the door wide, and stop dead in my tracks. My dad lifts his head up, as two other men turn round. One I don't recognise, he has a powerful aura about him, not quite an alpha, maybe a beta or delta? The other I recognise straight away, one who I don't take too kindly about being in my house, its Cain.

He looks me up and down and smiles at me, clearly liking what he sees, I return the favour, but with me I'm giving him a deathly look. I've been training so hard since we last met, I won't be taken advantage off again.

"Why is he here today, I thought you said tomorrow, you could've warned me!"

"I'm sorry darling, I didn't expect him to turn up unannounced, he said it was urgent"

"Then what's all the shouting about, what part of the agreement are you refusing him?"

"You know it's quite rude to have chats through the bond when you have guests present"

My dad and I look towards Cain; he's folded him arms looking quite impatient. I fold my arms in retaliation; he's not welcome here so I shall make it quite obvious to him.

"Well leave then, take your nice car and go back to your pack, you don't need to visit here again"

He lets out a low growl, he's clearly not used to being spoken to this way and is not taking it lightly.

His acquaintance looks over to me, he's got a smug smile on his face, he's apparently enjoying the way I speak to Cain.

"Watch your tone with me little girl, I demand respect from the likes of you, and ..."

I pretty much zone off to what he's saying, I've caught his friends eye, we are both just staring at each other. He's not as tall as Cain, but he's not far off, his eyes are a rich blue colour, I could literally get lost in them. His hair, a dark chocolate brown, I can't wait to get my hands in that – wait what? Where did that idea come from? I don't even know who this man is, if he's friends with Cain, he's not someone to be taken lightly.

"Kara, Kara, KARA!"

I stop staring at him, just to concentrate and look over to my dad who is mind linking me

"You need to leave, your practically drooling over his Beta! Why don't you head down to do a training session, I need a clear head to think about his deal"

I nod my head, Cain is still ranting, probably more so because I've been blanking him, but I'm sure he'll get over it – eventually

I say a goodbye to my dad, ignore Cain and just wave to his Beta, oh my god, he's so hot.

I close the door to his office, and then check my lips. I sigh, I wasn't drooling, I can't believe dad made that up about me.