Chapter 26

The other wolf doesn't look as convinced as the one who is trying to big himself up to me. The bigger one finally gives in and approaches me.

"And what's a pretty little thing like you doing, walking these corridors alone"

I look him up and down, does he really think I'm not in a position to defend myself, and no matter how much of a charmer or good looking he is, he has nothing on another wolf that peaks my interest.

"Oh please, go and find some slut to impress with your so called manly charms"

The girl on the floor briefly stops crying she looks at me horrified by what I have said. Maybe this guy is someone important, or thinks he is anyway. She gets up and stands between us. One minute she's on the floor in tears and the next she is between us, what is she playing at?

"Noah don't. she's the-"

Before the gets a chance to finish her sentence, she is roughly pushed to the floor.

"Stay out of my business Omega!"

Omega?? They are banned amongst packs. The king decided that no one should be the lowest of the low. You have your three main top and the rest are equals, not slaves, and anyone caught with treating a person like an omega had consequences dealt harshly upon them.

Noah raises his hand towards the girl, I refuse to stand there and say nothing

"Do that and you'll loose that hand!"

He turns towards me, he looks very perplexed by my response, he's obviously not used to being spoken to like that, by a woman none the least.

We both size each other up, the other male doesn't look in the least bit interested, as I get ready to go forward, I sense a powerful aura approaching.

"Noah pack it in and leave Cain's prize alone"

I've not seen him for a little while, but I recognise ex-alpha William, he looks like he's aged so much, and he doesn't look particularly in the best condition, but I bet he could easily take up both down given half a chance.

Noah, instantly stands down, and nods his head as a way of submitting and he and his friend eagerly walk in the other direction. William turns to face me with a particular creepy smile on his face

"And what is my future daughter in law doing, wandering our corridors without an escort?"

I have no emotion on my face, yet I am quick to retaliate.

"One, I am not your future daughter in law! Two, why do you have an omega in this pack, you know they are banned!"

That stupid grin comes on his face, and I wondered where Cain gets it from, he lets out a light chuckle before he answers my questions

"Ah, of course, you will need to be fully bonded to him first, I'm surprised he let you have your own room last night and didn't mate with you straight away. And if it would make you happier, accept the title lifted on the omega as a wedding present."

William doesn't give me time to respond as he just walks away, he probably doesn't give a shit what I have to say anyway.

I look down to the girl, I offer my hand to her, which she takes, and I pull her up.

"Now that you omega title is no more, what is your name?"

"erm- erm, my name is Olivia"