⚡︎32⚡︎

Today was Christmas Eve. The students who had stayed at Hogwarts ran excitedly into the big hall where a huge Christmas tree had been put up.

In the air was the smell of gingerbread and cinnamon. The ceiling of the great hall had been hexed so that it looked like it was snowing inside. And everywhere above the students heads were floating candles.

Jungkook ran excitedly towards the big hall. It was his first Christmas with a partner by his side and he hoped fervently that Jimin would remember this Christmas well.

He entered the great hall and looked around. The other students were still sitting at breakfast. Jungkook smiled when he saw Jimin, he walked up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Merry Christmas Jiminie.” He whispered in the Slytherin’s ear. “I have a surprise for you.”

“Kookie….I was just about to have breakfast.” Pouted Jimin.

“You might as well come with me now and eat later.” Jungkook took Jimin by the hand and dragged him from the castle to the lake outside the walls of Hogwarts.

“Close your eyes.” Whispered Jungkook as they arrived just before their tree.

Jimin closed his eyes and let Jungkook guide him. The Ravenclaw stopped when they arrived at the planned place. “You can open your eyes now.”

“Oh wow Jungkook.” Jimin looked around. There was a blanket and pillows on the floor, next to it was a picnic basket, and Jungkook had cast a spell that wrapped itself around them like a wall so they wouldn’t get cold.
“I thought it would be a nice idea if I surprised you with a picnic this time.” Jimin lovingly pulled Jungkook into his arms.

“You’re just amazing.” He kissed Jungkook gently on the lips. “I love you very much. I hope you know that.”

“And I love you more than anything, Jiminie.” The Ravenclaw replied. “Let’s have breakfast.” Jungkook sat down on one of the pillows and began to unpack the picnic basket. He had thought of everything, bread, eggs, even jam and juice. And of course a bottle of wine was not to be missed, it had been given to him by one of the house elves working in the kitchen.

While they had breakfast, they talked about how they usually spent Christmas.

“At our mansion there was always a big ball, half the relatives were invited and you had to dress really elegant. How I always hated that.” Said Jimin as he ate a grape. “My cousins and I always had to sit quietly and we weren’t allowed to play either, at some point we were old enough to drink with the others.” Jimin laughed. “Our parents really hated us for a while.”

Jungkook looked up and tilted his head. “Cousins? Are they here at Hogwarts too? You never told me.”

“They’re all in Durmstrang. I’m the only one who’s come to Hogwarts.” Explained Jimin.

“Oh, then it’s no wonder I haven’t heard of them before.” Jungkook smiled. “As you know, my family descendants are muggle, at least half of them. We always celebrated Christmas normally, we had roast beef after we came home of church and in the evenings we sang and then we got our presents. My cousins that are my age are all Muggles and those on the wizard side are still too young to go to Hogwarts.” Jungkook smiled. “I hope your Christmases will only get better from now on.” He pulled Jimin to him and kissed him gently.

“Jungkook I have a present for you, I was going to give it to you after breakfast.” Jimin smiled at his boyfriend and got an envelope from his coat pocket. “For you, I hope you like it.”

Jungkook carefully picked up the envelope. “You didn’t have to get me a present…thank you baby.”

“Yes, I do. I give gifts to the people I love. Open it now. I want to know what you think.” Jungkook smiled and opened the envelope.

“You’re not serious are you?” He pulled two tickets out of the envelope and looked at Jimin in disbelief. “Tickets to the Quidditch World Cup?”

“With a luxury tent and the best seats I could get.” Jimin added with a smile before Jungkook jumped on him and cuddled his boyfriend.

“You’re the best. Oh, my God, I love you so much.”
“I’m glad you like it.” Jimin ruffled Jungkooks hair and then kissed him lovingly.

“I have something for you, too.” Jungkook sat up and reached into the picnic basket. “Here.” He handed Jimin the gift wrapped in green paper. Carefully Jimin opened his gift, and as he held it in his hands, he looked at Jungkook in confusion.

“I’m sorry, but what is this?”

“It’s called a DVD, remember that movie we watched together?”

“You mean that skeleton that wanted to celebrate Christmas?” Jimin’s eyes lit up.

“Exactly. The DVD has that movie on it, turn it around and you’ll see a picture of Jack and Sally.” Jungkook pointed to the DVD case. “The movie is called a nightmare before Christmas. Pretty appropriate for our situation, huh?”

Jimin laughed. “I guess you’re right. Now I have my first Muggle movie.” Jimin lovingly stroked the DVD case in his hands. “Thank you, Jungkook.”

“For the movie? It was my pleasure.”

“No, I mean yes, but….” Jimin carefully put his gift aside and took Jungkooks hands in his own. “I wanted to thank you for your patience. For seeing the person I’ve been trying to hide for so long behind that mask. I wanted to thank you for loving me. Because actually I don’t deserve it after what happened. Without you, I wouldn’t know what love feels like, and I wanted to thank you for that. Thanks for being my boyfriend and letting me love you.”

Jungkook smiled at Jimin. “You don’t have to thank me for that. I’m so glad that everything turned out the way it did. I am somehow quite grateful for this bet, because without it I wouldn’t have such a wonderful, incredibly beautiful boyfriend at my side. You are the best present I got this year and you really have a lot of competition, I mean, a firebolt is something pretty great.” Jungkook laughed and got a light slap on the shoulder from Jimin. “I’m serious Jimin. You really are the greatest gift I could have gotten.”

Suddenly, a mistletoe formed above their heads. They smiled at each other and Jungkook gently put his hand on Jimin’s neck, he pulled Jimin gently towards him and then they sank into a loving kiss. A kiss filled with all the love they had for each other.

And that was only the beginning of their life, because they knew that nothing would separate them anymore. A love that was destined for eternity.