⚡︎26⚡︎

There was a lively bustle in Hogwarts
Students ran up and down the corridors of the castle in excitement. Today was the last day before the winter vacations began. Each of the students would go home to their parents. No, not all of the students, like a few others, Jungkook and Jimin would spend their vacation in the castle. Jimin’s parents were on a trip and Jungkook’s parents were visiting relatives over the holidays.

“Promise you’ll write me, will you?” Jungkook smiled at his friends.

“Of course, as if we’d forget you.” Yugyeom hugged his best friend. “You’ll still have us around till tom.” He added with a grin.

There was no class today because every student was busy packing and shopping. Jungkook was sitting in the great hall with his friends, they were playing a round of magic chess when Jimin and his friends entered the room.

Jimin of course immediately approached Jungkook and sat down at the table with him. His friends sat down next to him with some distance between them. Even though the two groups of friends didn’t get along very well at first, they all got along quite well by now.

The atmosphere at the table was good, they talked about what they wanted to do during the vacations.
“And you two will stay here?” Namjoon turned to Jungkook and Jimin, whereupon the two nodded.

“Oh, you’re spending your first Christmas together.” Jin smiled at them. “That’s kind of sweet.”

“Yeah, it’s really cute.” Taehyung said sarcastically. He couldn’t stand to watch that whole circus anymore.

“Taehyung, what’s wrong?” Yugyeom asked confusedly.

“I can’t watch this shit anymore.” Taehyung stood up and looked at Jimin angrily. “Either you tell him or I will.”

Jimin’s heart skipped a beat. Now was the time for him to tell Jungkook the truth for better or worse. Most of all, he was afraid of Hoseok’s reaction because, honestly, he was far too young and too beautiful to die.

“So?” Taehyung hissed.

Jungkook looked confusedly back and forth between Tae and Jimin. “Jimin, what do you have to tell me?”

Jimin swallowed hard and turned to Jungkook. “I… um… ….. So it’s like this…”

“God Jimin, you’re such a coward.” Taehyung looked at Jungkook. “It was a bet. All the time. Jackson and Jimin were betting that Jimin couldn’t make you date him. Obviously, Jimin won the bet. It would have run until tomorrow, so at least now you have a chance to go home with Yugyeom and not have to see Jimin all Christmas break.”

“Taehyung.” Horrified, Jimin looked at his best friend.

“Jimin, you’re my best friend, but I told you how I felt about this from the beginning. You just don’t play with feelings.” Tae looked at Jimin in disappointment and then left the room.

“You knew about this? All of you? And nobody said anything?” Namjoon was the first to speak. The Slytherins sat there with their heads bowed and just shrugged their shoulders.

“You disgusting son of a bitch.” Hissed Hoseok, and before Jimin could blink, the Hufflepuff’s hand landed on his face. But the burning pain on his cheek was nothing compared to the pain that Jungkook’s disappointed look caused in him.

“A bet? A fucking bet?” Jungkook asked quietly.

“Jungkook, kookie….please let me explain.” Jimin tried to reach for the Ravenclaw’s hand, but the Ravenclaw pulled his hand away.

“Get the hell off our table. You and your lying snakes. At least one of you had the guts to tell me the truth.”
“Please don’t do this to me Jungkook.” Jimin’s voice trembled. No, he wouldn’t go, he couldn’t.

“Fuck off Park, seriously I don’t want to see you anymore.” Saying those words hurt Jungkook almost more than the fact that the relationship between him and Jimin was based on a bet. Jimin’s eyes filled with tears as he stood up and looked at Jungkook pleadingly.

“Please Jungkook… we can talk about this.”

“Didn’t you hear him? Piss off!” Hissed Yugyeom who had now got up and took a threatening step towards the Ravenclaw.

“Come Jimin, you really should go.” Yoongi took the younger one by the arm and dragged him out of the big hall, followed by Jackson, who at that moment was blaming himself endlessly.