⚡︎17⚡︎

Jungkook was a bit excited as he walked down the narrow path to the lake. He still wasn’t quite sure why he said yes to the deal.

Jimin and he had gotten along quite well at first, they had never been best friends or had much to do with each other, but at least they had never turned on each other.

Jungkook didn’t hate Jimin, most of the time the Slytherin just annoyed him. Jimin was stressful, loud and unfriendly. Not to mention the family he came from. But Jungkook was willing to give the older one a chance and find out if there was a nice guy behind Jimin’s façade.

The path down to the lake was quite twisting and uneven. The only light on the way down came from the tip of the wand Jungkook held in his hand.

Suddenly he saw light from the shore of the lake, at the exact spot where he had wanted to meet Jimin. Jungkooks heart began to beat a little faster, excited and curious he walked towards the light.

“I’m glad you really came.” Jimin smiled at the Ravenclaw.

“I told you I’d give you a chance.” Returned Jungkook, who looked around in fascination. There were a few lights floating in the air like fireflies, and on the floor was a blanket with pillows spread out on it.

“You really made an effort to impress me huh?” The Ravenclaw remarked in surprise. Jimin scratched his head in embarrassment.

“I told you I was serious. Come sit down.” Jimin pointed to the blanket and sat down himself.

“Oh, wow, it feels like we’re sitting on a mattress.” Jungkook was surprised by the soft feeling when he sat down.

“Magic is a great thing.” Jimin smiled and began to murmur something.

The Ravenclaw looked at Jimin questioningly. “What are you doing?”

“I just put a spell on us. Now we can’t be seen or heard by anyone else, so we can talk and get to know each other undisturbed.” With a smile on his lips, Jimin turned to Jungkook.

“That was really smart of you.” The Ravenclaw was visibly surprised by the ingenuity of the Slytherin.

“Slytherins are usually quite clever.” Jimin laughed softly. “We are not the evil ones everyone thinks we are. I think the whole housing system is overrated anyway. My best friend is a Hufflepuff and no less smart than someone from Slytherin or Ravenclaw. He may be more sensitive and a little more oblivious to the world around him, but that makes him exactly the person he is.”

“Oh, is that so?” Asked Jungkook who was surprised by Jimin again.

“Yes, have you never questioned the housing system?” Jimin took a grape and ate it with relish.

“With your attitude, you’d be perfect for Hufflepuff.” Jungkook laughed. “But yes, I’ve thought about it. Humans, oh wait wizards, sorted by personality traits is pretty outdated.”

“Yes, it is.” Jimin smiled at Jungkook. “Would you like a glass of wine or something to eat?”

“A glass of wine sounds very good.” Jungkook smiled too.

The two young men talked half the night under the stars down there by the lake shore. And maybe they weren’t so different after all.