《16》

And it worked.

Jisung fell asleep very late and didn't even hear the thunder from the sky that day.

Although it was not easy to keep him awake since he is used to sleeping at a certain time in the afternoon, and Minho knew this.

He had a hard time keeping him awake, but it was worth it in the end. He protected the child from his fear, and that made him feel relief since Jisung was still keeping his beautiful smile the next day.

From that day on, Minho kept an eye on the weather news by asking his mom, dad, or turning on the TV on the weather's channel.

"How is the weather going to be today, Mom?" it was something that became a common question among the Lees.

Mr. and Mrs. Lee doesn't know why Minho always asks that, but they will figure it out soon since whenever they tell him that it will rain, the latter always wants to go to Jisung's house so desperately.

It's easy to read Minho's mind when we talk about Jisung.

~~~

On the contrary, Hyunjin stayed at Jisung's house almost every day.

Mrs. Hwang was getting some troubles with her husband and didn't want to make his son be aware of that. So she asked Jisung's mom if Hyunjin could stay with them while she resolves her issue with her husband.

Mrs. Han agreed immediately. She wanted to support her friend and protect his best friend's son at all costs. Jisung's mom indeed is a good mother and a good friend.

Hyunjin didn't know about his parents having problems, but he noticed how her mom kept crying at night lately. He always sneaks out of his room to Mrs. Hwang's room. He heard how she cried every night, and of course, his mom noticed this. That's why she asked her friend to keep his son in her house some nights.

Hyunjin kept worried but always forgot about that when he was with Jisung. Somehow, the latter always lifted his mood and made him laugh.

But one day, happened the inevitable with his parents. They couldn't stand each other anymore, so the best decision they took was to get divorced.

This had a big impact on Hyunjin. Although he was used to just spending time with his mom because his dad wasn't at home every day due to his job, still, he loves his dad so much.

Hyunjin's personality went down for a time. He was already 10 years old when this happened. Minho and Jisung were there for him. He gained strength from his two best friends, and soon after, he was feeling okay and processing the new stage of his life.

His mother kept happy for him, and she was also feeling better. Now she has more time for her son and her two friends, Jisung and Minho's mother.

Although Hyunjin thanked Jisung the most because when he was feeling bad, the younger kept by his side every day; Cuddling him, giving him kisses, and telling him that he would always be there for him.

Jisung had a special way to be for the ones he loves since he was so little.

Hyunjin knows this, and that is something that he likes about the younger the most.

~~~

These three boys kept building their friendship as strong as a rock and as sweet as candy cotton.

Everyone in the school knew that they were best friends and that Minho and Hyunjin always protect Jisung. They had met other children there but didn't consider them as friends. They just established friendships in school because it is a normal thing to do.