68- It's Getting Away

Start from the beginning

Spinel: I don't know. Why'd she abandon me in the garden then?

Steven: *nervously* Uhhh... These Pearls won't get their memories back on their own, so let's get cracking!

Spinel: Don't try to evade me, Steven!

Steven: *giggles* Sorry.

(A few moments later, Steven has already gotten many of the Pearls back to normal, while Spinel is still juggling for them.)

Pink Pearl: *watches in amazement and claps for Spinel* Wow! No wonder you were Pink's favorite playmate.

Spinel: Uh, actually, I don't think so.

Pink Pearl: *blushes in embarrassment* Uhhh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that, I just, uh... You're doing great, better than anyone else!

Spinel: *blushes* Hehe, thank you.

Steven: Spinel, be careful. You've been juggling for several minutes without resting, you could've an accident and crack the Ruby gems.

Spinel: Don't fret – I used to juggle Pink for hours on end without a break, so you could say that I've got this stuff down-

(The area suddenly rumbles as a loud noise is heard, causing Spinel to accidentally drop the gemstones she was juggling with.)

Spinel: *giggles* Whoops! An accident.

Steven: Spinel, what did I tell you?

Spinel: *picks up the Rubies' gemstones* Well they're still intact.

Steven: You'd better store them in your gem, Spinel.

Spinel: Yes, I will. *stores them in her gemstone*

Steven: By the way, what was that noise?

(Jasper notices something strange when she looks out the window, so she quickly runs into the room.)

Jasper: My Diamond, my Diamond!!

Steven: Jasper, what is it?

Jasper: You gotta see this! White Diamond's ship is trying to take off!

Steven: *surprised* What'd you say!?!

(A while ago, White Diamond's ship was buried in some rubble, the noise was because the ship is trying to get out of it.)

Steven: *looking out the window* Wasn't there supposed to be no one in that ship?!

Spinel: Well, apparently now someone wants to get off the planet in it.

(Suddenly, Yellow and Blue Diamond's Arm Ships are activated.)

Spinel: What?!

Steven: Those ships too!

(The two Arm Ships begin to remove the rubble blocking the exit to White Diamond's ship.)

Steven: What the heck is going on here?!

Spinel: No idea, bro.

(Yellow and Blue Diamond's ships manage to remove all the rubble, freeing White Diamond's ship.)

Steven: They did it!

(The Arm Ships begin to attach to White Diamond's ship. Glowing energy courses down the vein-like structures along the exterior of the ship as the arms firmly attach to the ship, forming the Diamond Mech, but without Pink Diamond's legs. At the same time the ship takes off into space.)

Jasper: It's getting away!

Steven: Not if I can help it!

Spinel: What?!

Steven: Guys, take care of the Pearls and wait for me here! I'll be right back!

Spinel: Wait, what're you gonna do?!

Steven: I'm gonna stop the one who's trying to escape!

Spinel: But–

(Without listening to anyone, Steven floats up at high speed towards the Diamond Mech that is moving away.)

Spinel: Steven!

Jasper: He's gone.

Spinel: That was an impulsive act, he shouldn't have rushed in like that. He should've at least come up with a plan-

Bluebird: *suddenly bursts into laughter* Very good, go straight to your doom, Steven!

Jasper: Huh?

Spinel: What did you just say?!

Bluebird: AAH! I said nothing!

Jasper: Come on, speak up!!!

Bluebird: Make me!

Jasper: If you insist so much. *cracks her knuckles* I'll be glad to do so!

Bluebird: *shaking in fear* Wait, hold on! Don't you dare!!

(In the meantime, Steven manages to get the incomplete Diamond Mech.)

Steven: *clinging tightly* I've just gotta get to the eye and get in through it.

(Steven climbs his way up the Diamond Mech until he reaches the eye and enters through it. Once inside, his eyes widen and he is dumbfounded by what he sees.)

Steven: *shocked* No... way! I... can't believe... what my eyes see!!