41. Rehearsals

With a cup of Starbucks coffee in one hand and a sandwich in the other I walked into the building. Somehow I was in a really good mood and was humming a random tune. I walked through the long corridors and slammed the door of my dressing room behind me. I looked into the mirror and saw that I looked like I just got out of bed. My hair in a messy ponytail, and wearing shorts with an oversized Nirvana shirt tucked into it. I quickly grabbed a hairbrush and brushed my hair so I looked at least a bit presentable. That's why those people in Starbucks were looking at me weirdly. I looked at the clock and saw I had 5 minutes. I quickly ate my sandwich and locked the door of my dressing room behind me. I walked towards the stage, a bottle of water in one hand and my coffee in the other. I don't think they will mind. I waited in front of the big black doors, to make a fabulous entrance. I swung them both open and casually walked through them. "Hi there." I said and walked towards Hayley, Alex and Tom. They greeted me and I sat down next to Tom on the edge of the stage. Alex sat comfortably in Hayley's chair with his legs over the small table thingy and Hayley stood in front of us. "Overslept again?" Hayley asked and pointed to my clothes. I scrunched up my nose and nodded. "Well, Tom is already done rehearsing. Your time now." She said. I took a large gulp from my coffee and nodded. I sat the cup down when it was empty and Hayley handed me a microphone. I stood up and walked to the mic stand in the middle of the stage. I got a piece of paper with the lyrics from my back pocket and held it in my hands. Hayley pressed a button on the remote control and the track began playing.

~

"Okay, let's have a break." Hayley said after I sang the song several times. "I need more coffee." She murmured after, and quickly walked away. Alex and I looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Just begin with warming up... For like.. Your guitar. Practise a little bit already." She said while turning around and I nodded. I walked to the side of the stage where a couple guitars stood and grabbed an electric one. I checked the knobs and turned them a bit around, so the sound was good. I got another piece of paper from my back pocket with the chords scribbled onto it and laid it on a stand next to the mic. I set the paper with lyrics on it too, so I had my hands free to play guitar. I played the first chords and sighed. I didn't want to stand anymore. I grabbed the piece of paper with the chords and sat down on the edge of the stage. "Alex, can you play the music?" I asked and he nodded while walking towards the remote control. "Yes, ma'am." He said and I chuckled. The music counted down because the beginning of the song started with guitar only. I played the chords and waited until the drums on the track begun. After a while I stopped playing. What if there could be a live drummer on stage with me? I'm sure Hayley would think of that as an awesome idea... And I know just the girl... "Why did you stop?" Alex asked and I shook my head. "Just an idea popped up. Can you play it again?" He nodded and started the track again. I grinned while playing the intro. When the drums started playing I turned the knobs on the guitar quickly so a heavier sound came out. When the intro was done I began humming along, since I didn't know the whole lyrics yet.

When the song was over I knew I didn't have to warm up anymore. It almost went without a hitch and that was enough right? I mean, there were more days to rehearse. So I began randomly strumming my guitar while Alex was doing god-knows-what on his phone. I stopped and laid back on the stage. I heard Alex hum a tune and I grinned. It was A Love Like War by his own band and Vic Fuentes. I began playing along to his humming and when he noticed he looked up with a raised brow. "You know that song?" He asked. "Well duh. I'm a big fan remember?" I said and he nodded. Then his eyes widened and he snapped his finger over and over again. What the fuck was he doing? "Do you know the lyrics?" He asked excited. "Um, yea." I said and he stood up. "Great. Let's sing together." He said and I froze. He... Me... Sing... What? He wanted me to sing with him? Him? Alex Gaskarth? He was now on stage, walking towards the guitars. He picked one and slung it across his shoulders. He dragged a mic stand from the side of the stage and sat it next to mine. I just stood there, not knowing what to do. "You sing Vic's parts?" He asked and I nodded quickly. Vic Fuentes from Pierce The Veil sung alongside Alex in the song. And now I was singing his parts.... Gosh. "Yeah?" He asked and I nodded. And then he started playing.