61. The Final: Part 3

"Finally! Took you long enough..." One of the girls said when I walked into the dressing room. I chuckled and shrugged. "Go change." Maisie said and shoved me behind the curtain after zipping the zipper down. There was a cute pink crop top laying there, with high-waisted black shorts and light blue melted tights. When I was done I stepped from behind the curtain. Maisie handed me a pair of shoes and my eyes widened. "No." I said. She just grinned. "Are these the limited edition all-stars I always wanted to have?" I asked and she shrugged. "Jup, now put them on." Damn... I always wanted to have these... But they were limited edition so I couldn't. I put them on happily. When I was done tying the laces I sat down in the chair in front of the mirror so they could adjust my hair and makeup. "Why did you have to cry? Now I'll have to do it over again..." Lisa said and I chuckled. Maisie put a necklace around my neck and I smiled at it. It was simple, but cute. She also put sparkly diamond earrings in.

20 minutes later they were done with everything and it looked awesome with these clothes. It looked badass, but elegant at the same time. "Okay, we've been told you'll have to wait in the room you all waited earlier. You and Charlotte will wait there." I nodded. "Well, I guess this is the last time you'll do my makeup hair and clothes... Thank you guys. I really appreciated it." I said and hugged the three of them. "No problem. We liked dolling you up." Lisa said and I chuckled. "Well, I guess this is goodbye then." I said with a half smile. They nodded and I walked away, to the room Charlotte was waiting in.

Charlotte and I have been waiting here for at least 10 minutes now. How can they do that to us? Don't they know that the nerves are eating us alive? Seriously though. I always felt the nerves, but never as much as now. We both made some small talk at the beginning, but I think we both realized we were way too nervous to talk, so we just sat next to each other on the couch, staring at the wall. I was going to perform first, and Charlotte after. This is just crazy, being in the final with Charlotte. Luckily not with Elliot. I'm glad I'm never going to see him again. Every time Charlotte and me heard footsteps from outside the room we would lift our heads and look at the door, waiting for someone to open it and save us from this terrible feeling, but the last couple of times nobody opened the door. "I'm really glad you're in the finals with me." Charlotte said and I nodded. "Yea, me too. Like, I'd be happy if I win, but I'd also be happy if you win because that's great. I don't know." I said and she nodded. "Yea, same." She said. We were silent again. We heard someone walking outside and Charlotte grabbed my hand tightly. And then the doorknob turned. A guy opened the door. "Skyler? Come with me please." I nodded and wiped my sweaty hands on my shorts. Charlotte and I both stood up and she hugged me tight. "No matter what happens, we'll stay friends okay?" I asked. "Of course. Is that even a question?" She asked and I chuckled. "Apparently not." She let go of me. I took a deep breath, nodded and walked after the guy out of the room.

I stood behind a woman, next to the stage. There was a man who came walking towards us with a BMX in his hands. I chuckled and took the BMX from him. I thanked him and sent a prayer so I wouldn't fall off stage with this thing. I chuckled at the thought and sat down already. I checked the brakes and took a deep breath. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down. The lights dimmed and I knew that was my que to get ready. "In 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..." The woman counted down. When she was done I slowly rode on stage, looking around me like I was lost. I rode through the smoke from a smoke machine and through lots of light blue balloons. I looked around me while riding in circles until my eyes fell on the boat in the middle of the stage. I rode towards it and threw the BMX on the ground. I walked towards the boat and watched it suspiciously. After that I climbed in, grabbed my guitar, and the song began.

Can't count the years on one hand that we've been together
I need the other one to hold you

Make you feel, make you feel better
It's not a walk in the park to love each other
But when our fingers interlock, can't deny, can't deny, you're the worth it