59. The Final: Part 1

I sat in my car, singing along to Backseat Serenade by All Time Low. I put the volume as high as it could, so it would drown out my thoughts. I held my hand in front of me and saw that it was shaking. Fuck. Concentrate on the song. I sang along loudly while parking into a parking spot. I turned the music off before stepping out. Shit. My legs were all wobbly too. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down before walking to the entrance of the building. Nope, no skateboard today. I was way too scared I would fall and break my arm or something... So I wouldn't be able to perform anymore. That was really something that would happen to me. So nope, no skateboard. I walked through the corridors to my dressing room. I opened the door and was immediately met by Jay and Lisa. "Hey!" I said while smiling at them. "Hi, come sit." Jay said and I sat down in the chair in front of the mirror. "So... You're going to do an glow in the dark performance right?" She asked and I nodded. "Okay. So glow in the dark extensions? Or just a wig? We have some really cool ones..." She looked at me in the mirror, waiting for my response. "Um... I think a wig will be better... But aren't they really uncomfortable?" I asked. "Nah, only if you have the really cheap ones. But these aren't, so..." She said while chuckling. She combed my way backwards and used a lot of gel so it would stay that way. After that she put it in a high bun and put a weird rubber thing over all of my hair so you couldn't see my hair under the wig. It just felt a little bit tight, but further it wasn't uncomfortable or anything. "Okay, wait a sec." She said and I nodded. After a couple of seconds she rolled a rack with four wigs on it to me. "Which one?" She asked. There was a straight haired neon green one, a very fake curled neon pink one, a straight multicoloured one and a slightly curled light blue one. "The blue one." I said and she nodded. "Yea, I thought so." She said while grabbing the wig carefully. She put it on my head and it felt really weird. The hair was soft and smooth and I looked really different all of the sudden. But awesome at the same time. She made sure it was steady before raking her hands through it, bringing it more into shape. "Perfect." She said after she took a step back, looking at it. I smiled at her and looked in the mirror. It looked awesome. "Okayy, makeup." Lisa said while rubbing her hands together. She sat the three suitcases filled with makeup down on the table and begun.

Half an hour later she was done with my makeup and I could finally open my eyes. I let out a terrified squeal when I saw my face. I looked like fucking Nicki Minaj. "I know it looks like shit right now, but you have to remember that you will perform in the dark. So no one will see you like you do now. Wait, let's see now." She said while walking to the light switch. She turned the lights off and it was pitch dark. My hair and my makeup began to glow and it looked amazing. I was wearing glow in the dark eyelashes, lip gloss, nails, eyeliner, eyeshadow and a small hairband. "Awesomee." I sang. The only thing you could see were my eyes, lips and hair. It was really weird. But awesome. Someone turned the lights on again and I turned around, to see Maisie grinning at me. "Okay, clothes. I hope they'll be as awesome as the rest." She said while walking to the other side of the room. She handed me a pile of colourful clothes and I walked behind the curtain to change clothes. I looked at the pile and saw yellow melted tights. They are so fucking awesome. I put them on first, and put the blue shorts on after. When that was all done I put on the long sleeved pink crop top. I put it on carefully, not wanting to ruin my makeup or hair. After I was done I put on the grey with pink Vans and opened the curtain. Jay came towards me and adjusted the wig a little bit, so it was in place again. "Okaay, the moment of truth..." Lisa said while turning the light switch off. I walked to the mirror carefully, not wanting to fall over anything. I looked into the mirror and it looked awesome. All different kinds of neon colours in the clothes, and blackness between them. So you could see my crop-top, shorts, part of the tights and the lines on the Vans, but the rest was all black. I began doing a weird dance to look what it looked like. I heard the girls laugh behind me and chuckled. "Ah, thank you so much guys! It's awesome!" I said while giving them all a hug carefully. "No problem." They said and I nodded with a bright smile. Suddenly a bright light came into the room, coming from the door. "Why are y'all in the dark?" I heard Hayley say. "Oh hey! Ley!" I said before bursting out laughing. "Oh wow. So funny. Haven't heard that one before." She said sarcastically and I chuckled. She turned on the light and now it was her turn to burst out laughing. "You look ridiculous." She said and I rolled my eyes. "Thanks, you look beautiful too?" I said and she chuckled. She turned the light off again. "Much better." She said and I nodded. "Is my guitar glow in the dark too?" I asked. "Yea, black with yellow outlines." She said and I nodded. Awesome. "I just hope we don't come across anyone in the corridors..." I said. "Well, you'll have to face anyone anyways. You'll be waiting with Elliot, Marcus and Charlotte." I looked at her in pure horror. "Aww hell no." I said. "Um yes, I'm here to pick you up." I sighed and looked around the room. "My guitar is there right?" I asked and she nodded while walking to the door. "Thanks again! It looks awesome." I said to the girls before walking behind Hayley out of the room.