50. MY Bacon

I woke up with brights rays of sunshine shining into my eyes. I rolled over and tried to sleep further, but I couldn't. Okay, this was really weird. The jet lag really fucked me up. I lazily grabbed my phone from the nightstand and unlocked it. It was 6.48am. What the fucking fuck. I've never slept so short. Eh, whatever. I'd have some time left before we go to the studio. I walked to the small walk-in closet and searched for something to wear. Something different than only my Nirvana shirt. I grabbed baggy jeans and a tank top and put them op. I, DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK AS LONGS AS IT'S ABOUT MEHEEY... The song by Fall Out Boy immediately popped up in my head. Yes, I'm weird. Deal with it. I grabbed my headphones and plugged them into my phone. With loud music on I walked downstairs.

I hummed along to the tune while I was flipping the egg around. When it was done I laid it on two slices of bread and started baking bacon. Ain't no life without bacon... No, that's not a song. I wish it was though. Arms around my waist shook me out of my thoughts. My back was now pressed against his chest. Luke's of course. I couldn't stop the smile that was creeping up on my face. "Hello there..." He sung. He must've heard the song that was playing through my headphones, because it was I Miss You by Blink-182. "The angel from my nightmare..." He sung further while pressing a kiss to my shoulder. If someone saw us... I think he noticed me tense up because he pressed a kiss to my neck. "Nobody's up yet. Don't worry." He said. I immediately relaxed again. "That looks delicious." Luke said. I hummed. "It is." I answered. He was up to something... The bacon was done and I laid it neatly on the eggs. "It would be a shame if..." Luke begun. "If someone stole it from you." I turned around and saw his bright smile. He quickly grabbed the plate and ran away before I could make a move. "Luke, you... you... Ugh. Stupid!" He laughed while he was running through the living room, me chasing him. He ran back to the kitchen again and stood on the other side of the kitchen island. "Give it back or you'll never get kisses again." I tried to negotiate. "We both know you can't keep that threat." He said with a wink and I sighed. He sat the plate down and raised a piece of bacon to his mouth. "Smells delicious." He said while smelling it. I raised a brow. "That's just plain creepy." He slowly took a bite and moaned. "This is soooo good." I quickly ran to the other side of the island, where Luke stood and snatched the bread out of his hands. He took a step back, but fell over the trashcan, bringing me with him. Luckily it was empty, else we'd be buried in gross things. "I win." I said while hovering over him. He brought his head up and kissed me. "Now I win."

We heard someone walking down the stairs and I quickly got off of him. Just when I helped him stand up, Hayley appeared in the kitchen entrance. "What the hell is all that noise? It's 7 in the bloody morning!" I shrugged. "He stole my bacon." I said like it explained the whole situation. I grabbed the plate, held it tightly and walked up the stairs while taking a bite. "You were right, it's delicious!" I teased.

~

I sat on my bed, deciding what to do with the next 3 hours while taking a bite of my breakfast. My eyes wandered through the room until they fell on the notebook on my nightstand. Why not finish them? I have enough time right? I opened it and went to the pages with the lyrics. The 2 new songs I wrote on the plane weren't really finished yet. I read through the song I wrote about my father and decided to call it 'For The Love Of A Daughter'. I grabbed the acoustic guitar I had brought with me from the corner of my room and sat down on the bed again. Let's start on a melody...

~

I strummed the chords for the last time before grabbing the pen from between my teeth and writing it down. I, Skyler Mitchell, just finished the three songs. On my own. I smiled brightly. I could actually really use a shower right now. I looked at the clock and saw that I had another hour left. Just enough time to get ready. I quickly hopped into the shower, washed my body and my hair quickly and got out again. I put a bra and panties on and put the towel around my hair. I walked out of the bathroom, into the small walk-in closet. I decided to go with light ripped skinny jeans and a black flowy lace top. And of course, my black Vans. I walked back to the bathroom and wiped my arm across the mirror, so I could see my reflection. I quickly applied a layer of mascara and eyeliner. I grabbed a chapstick and applied a little bit on my lips. I threw the towel that was on my hair into the corner of the bathroom and blow dried my hair. When it was dry I looked at the time and saw that I still had 20 minutes left. Enough time to curl it a bit. I checked if my hair was really dry... Don't want to end up like that girl whose hair burned off. Which was a hilarious video by the way. She deserves a medal. No, even better! She deserves bacon. Yes, definitely. I grabbed the hair tie that was around my wrist and made a high ponytail. I actually really need a new colour. I always wanted to dye it but never knew the colour... Or know how people around me would react. But honestly, I don't give shit. Let's think of a colour. Pink? Haha joking. Definitely not. Purple... I like the colour, but not for my hair. Lila maybe. Or blue... But then dark blue, like.... Midnight blue. Should I bring a bag? Hm... Nah. I don't think I need to bring anything to the studio. I put my phone in my back pocket and walked downstairs. Everyone was already there except for Marcus. That boy needs to spend less time in front of the mirror, seriously. Maybe I'll ask him to dye my hair... He told me he's a hairdresser, so that's good. I sat down on the couch, next to Charlotte. "Yo, I was thinking... Maybe we can go shopping after going to the studio? And since you know LA, you can show us all the good shops." She said and I nodded. "Yea, sure." I said. "Girls, I'm in!" Marcus said with a bright smile what made me smile. "I'll grab a bag then." I said. I walked to my room and grabbed the daisy backpack me and Calum bought a couple days ago. I put my wallet, pepper spray and a bottle of water in it. Together with a pack of gum. Gum is important. I walked downstairs and everybody was walking towards the back door, to the two SUV's that stood outside, the camera crew next to them. Great. "Mentors in this one, you guys in that one!" Ed said and we nodded. I really didn't know why they would split us up, but okay. Elliot claimed the front seat next to the driver and put earbuds in his ears. Marcus, Charlotte and I sat in the back, excited for the studio. "Here we go, here we goo! On a mission undercover and we're in control!" Marcus sung. "Here we go, here we goo, Totally Spies and get on with the show!" I continued. "Here we go, here we go, here we gooooo!" We ended the Totally Spies theme song together. Charlotte was just looking at us like we were crazy. "What? You've never seen Totally Spies? That was seriously the best part of my childhood." I excused myself. Tsk tsk. "Do you guys want some music?" The driver asked and I nodded. "So you won't hear me sing huh?" I said with a grin. He shook his head and put the radio on.