29: Eye for an eye.

My whole body ached after the rough treatment I received from Cloud before, but what was even more unbearable was the pain in my abdomen. My legs were also quite numb and I felt too embarrassed to face anyone.

After sauna, Madam M was waiting for me by the massage table where she urged me to lie down. Cloud was forced to wait at the reception. 

Madam M chuckled as soon as I exhaled deeply after getting on the massaging table effortlessly.

"Seems like it worked." she said, almost as if teasing me.

I remained silent at how flustered I got just thinking about.

"Aw, look at all these bruises here.." she said as she slowly caressed my back.

She sighed in amuse, "Sweetheart, I'm sure you're satisfied with my service so far." 

She started massaging my most bruised spot which were my hips. I gasped at the pain of the bruise, not realizing it hurt that much actually.

"Ow!.." I said in pain.

But she kept massaging my back, not minding the pain I was feeling when she was nearing those bruises. 

"I know it hurts, yet you are holding strong. You're a fighter, I see." she said almost as if pleased with me.

After Madam M applied so many healing oils on my bruised hips and back and massaged my back for me, she was the first one to exit the room. Of course, the pain in my lower abdomen wasn't going to disappear anytime soon, but I knew that as soon as I would exit the room, I would have to face Cloud and I wasn't ready. 

Madam M even prepared clothes for me because my dress was previously torn by certain someone. It was a yukata which wasn't my style at all, but at this point as long as it were clothes, I just took it without thinking too deeply about it. 

I was taking my sweet time to come out actually that I even overheard Madam M and Cloud's conversation.

"Be patient, your tapping foot makes me more nervous than you are currently." she said with a sigh.

"..... We have places to be." he tried to avoid the topic but it only made Madam M annoyed, "I hope you're aware in what state your girl is right now. Take it slow or I'll make sure you two aren't a thing by the next few seconds." she said sharply.

But that was the time when I decided to exit the room. Madam M's face lightened up upon seeing me. Cloud's face also went on me.

"I'm sorry for taking so much time." I smiled awkwardly as I went right towards the reception.

"You look absolutely stunning, sweetie. Right, soldier boy?" she looked with an annoyance towards Cloud who was staring with his eyes wide opened.

"Y-Yeah.." he said as he was stunned.

His response was somehow relieving for me that it made me feel more confident. But the feeling of being flustered was still so visible on my face, I couldn't look anyone into eyes in the room, I was this embarrassed.

"So what was it that you wanted to ask, sweetie?" said Madam M with a sly smile as she started fanning her face with her fancy fan.

But I felt pressured at how to approach this topic so she would agree instantly, "Uhh.. It's not easy thing to do, so I have a feeling you won't like what I am about to ask of you, however, I know it's not going to be for free."

"Well, now that is tempting, go ahead and tell me." she smirked.

"We need to get into Corneo's audition. Our friend is in danger which is why we have come here at the first place." I said sternly this time.

Her expression then turned into an annoyed one, "And why exactly would you want to do that? If your friend is in there, there is no escape now." she said with sharp voice.

I felt myself slightly flinch at how sharp she was becoming, yet I knew I also had to step up the game in order for her to listen, "I didn't ask of you to do that for free. I have my own assets that you might need, right?" I smiled brightly.

She seemed confused at to why I went from sassy to a kind girl, "What do you have to offer?" she looked down on me, probably thinking that me and Cloud aren't anything big.

"Well, here you have strong merc with a girl that has some very interesting ability." I kept smiling.

This time, Cloud stood up and went to stand right beside me which made me quite nervous.

Her eyes then widened in surprise, "I know these eyes.." she said in disbelief.

"So will you do it or not?" Cloud dodged her curiosity which made Madam M mad for a split of a second.

And in the end she agreed only under one condition - to win 1 million gil for her in Corneo's colosseum. She agreed to transform me into a beauty only if we win and that's what we went to do.

At the reception inside the Corneo's colosseum, we went to register ourselves.

"Hello, we would like to participate in today's matches." I said with a smile with Cloud right beside me.

"We? No, you stay in the sidelines. I'll do it." said Cloud sternly, "Well, can't have you fight my battles though." I chuckled.

It was still awkward between us so we didn't exchange that many words since then, but I knew it was only a matter of time.

The receptionist looked at me with a sneer, "This ridiculous couple wants to take a part? Don't make me laugh.." he laughed out so loudly which made the attention go to us.

Me and Cloud were always standing out in this sector because of our clothes, but I didn't think they would still have the nerve to say something after Madam M lent me one of the spare yukatas that didn't fit her anymore. In my opinion, I was pretty, so what was the deal with this guy?

"So are you registering us, or not? What exactly is your job then?" said Cloud with a cold voice.

The people around us were whispering something, but with Cloud beside me I wasn't worried about anything but the receptionist who would soon get some beating if he wouldn't quit his acts.

"Your names?" he asked with a sly smile.

"Cloud and Yui." I said with a smile still remaining on my face.

But before he wrote something down, his eyes widened in shock for a split of a second, "Well now this is gonna be interesting." he snorted, "Yeah, whatever." Cloud then grabbed my hand and led me out of the reception inside an elevator.

I felt myself blush at his sudden action. I couldn't help myself but feel embarrassed about what happened between us before, I really tried to play everything cool, but I just couldn't hold it. This was our first physical contact after that, after all.