"I love it" I sigh, bending over to kiss him. He captures my jaw and pulls me towards his body until I lay on top and carelessly, we smack. "I love you Donatello" I whisper.

"I love you Calla" he whispered and kisses me again. I lift off and push the necklace into his hands. "Put it on! Please please!" I jump excitedly.

He clasps it around my throat, lingering a hand against my neck before pressing his lips against it. I moaned his name in bliss, allowing him to stain my skin.

"You know I wanted to put both our names in it?" He sighed, still focused on marking my throat.

"Why didn't you?" I ask, giggling as he wet my skin.

"Well Donatello was too long and both or names spelled together sounded weird."

"Donalla?" I pondered aloud.

"I was thinking more like Callatello." he teased.

"No, I don't favor that nickname" I chuckled.

"The jeweler said to just keep it simple."

"I'm glad you listened to him" I smiled leaning against his torso and he continued marking my neck until the sun set on my glorious day.

——-

Leo 🤴🏼

I walk with Levy discussing something about the kingdom before seeing Calla and that painter again. They were always together and it made me mad.

"There he goes again whooing my wife" I cursed, leaning over the edge of the window frame to inspect them in the garden.

"Wife?" Levy chuckled, questioning the use of my title.

"And what is so funny?" I muttered, still taking in Calla's features as she smiled at the painter.

"Nothing...nothing" Levy clears his throat, "it is just the first time I heard you call her by her proper title." Levy chimes. I am taken back by his accusation but eventually see its truth.

"I... she is my—- SHUT UP LEVY!" I push him away, leaning back into the window. Calla opens a small box and holds it up to the sky in which she screams in jubilee. She hugs the painter fondly before they kiss rather passionately.

"What is this? How pathetic!" I cursed, jealousy raging beneath me. The painter pulls the necklace over her head and they lock in another heated embrace. How dare this painter whoo Calla in such this manner?

"What are you two peeping Toms looking at? Vanessa chimes, standing between us to inspect our gaze.

"Oh, just the empress and her trusty lover" Levy teased.

"Don't call him that." I say flatly.

"Is boyfriend a more fitting title" Vanessa smiled looking over at me. She knew I had been upset at their developing relationship. She in turn loved it as my rage was always taken out in bed.

"Stupid necklaces? Golden lockets? Is that all it takes to impress women nowadays?" I seethed.

"Normally, it wouldn't but his act is more sentimental since it is the empress's birthday today" Vanessa revealed.

"Birthday?" I yelled looking at her in shock. "Say it isn't so!"

"Leo. The kingdom has been talking about this for weeks! Don't tell me you have forgotten?" Levy asked although he knew the capacity my brain could hold. He had been my closest friend since childhood and I just learned that his name was actually Levy.