Chapter 58: Out in the Open

CLARKE POV
So apparently, Abby and Marcus decided I should tell Lexa, Raven and Octavia now. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm ready to tell them. They also deserve the truth. I've been lying to them for months and I know how it feels like. But i'm not prepared how to tell them, to say the least. I don't know how to start. I'm the kind of person who prepares what to say and know what to expect. I plan things. Not like this. I hate surprises so I texted Abby.

 I hate surprises so I texted Abby

I sigh thinking how to tell them. Should I just say I don't know them? Or should I wait for them to talk? Ugh this is hurting my head. Lexa noticed it.

Lexa: Hey are you okay?

Me: Yea, my head just hurts.

Lexa: Drink water. Here

She hands me a glass of water and I mouthed 'thanks'. Brunch went by rather quickly. Next thing I know, they're all about to stand up and I'm still halfway through my food. This is the quickest brunch i ever attended. Appranently if you're this nervous, you can't function well and time moves hella fast.

Lexa: You okay, Clarke? You haven't eaten your food

Me: Yea, not so hungry.

Raven: More like you realized Mama Griff's food isn't that good

I laugh as Abby throws the table cloth at Raven

Abby: Because of that you're washing the dishes.

Raven was about to protest but Abby glared at her. Gosh, I can't believe I forgot all about this. I should've been here with them. They all look happy. Guess they still are even without me. I sigh, slowly leaving the room. Marcus noticed it and followed me

Marcus: Hey, where are you going?

Me: I don't belong here Marcus. I can't have that. I should go.

I point to where Abby, Lexa, Raven and Octavia is and they were laughing while Raven washes the dishes. Marcus stops me.

Marcus: And where will you go? You do belong here. I was once in your place. Not the losing the memories part but this, where you look at them in their own world and you're here.

I look at him then look at them. They were all still having fun not realizing i'm not there. I look down.

Marcus: Hey, you're family. Don't hide yourself from us. We know it's hard and we don't know how you're feeling or coping right now. But we are your family. That....you see right there? You made that. You united us all. Raven and Octavia is family because of you. Lexa became part of the family because of you. I became family because of you. You didn't like me at first but you gave me a chance and said that family is what's important. You said that I wasn't replacing your dad, I was an additional to the family. So Clarke, don't be afraid. Don't feel left out. We are your family.