Chapter 2: Everything New

Today is the day.

LEXA POV:
I wake up to the ringing of my alarm. I check my phone and see it's already 7:30 in the morning. "Bloody Hell" i say to myself realizing school here in America starts at 8.

You must be wondering what I'm talking about... Well, I'm Alexandria Jasmin Woods from Australlia. I grew up there but my mom and dad, Becca and Gustus, got offered a better job here in the states. So we moved here. It was sad leaving my home, leaving the people I got to know, but change is good. Right?

I rushed to brush my teeth and change into school outfit. I realized I'm gonna need a hell lot of clothes since there are no uniforms. Oh well, might try to look good for my first day full of Americans.

I got changed into something girly and nice

I got changed into something girly and nice. I walk to the kitchen to see my parents happily laughing at something.

Me: Well goodmorning. What seems to be funny?

Gustus: Goodmorning, Lexie. Your mom and I just thought about how you were trying some american accent on our way here.

Becca: (imitates lexa in american accent) hi i'm Alexanderia, you can call me Lexa.

My mom and dad just laughs and I happen to laugh with them too since to be honest it was quite funny trying american accents.

I check the time and gosh it's already 7:55am. I swallowed my bacon and drank my milk so fast that i choked. My dad of course just laughed at me again.

Gustus: Oh lexie, when will you learn? Haha

Becca: leave my poor sweetheart alone. But seriously lexa, you need to take it slow. But now, you need to hurry. If you don't want to be late to school

Gustus: Come on, choker. Im driving you.

I scoff at what my dad's new nickname to me but my mom was right I can't be late to my 1st day of school in this new place. I quickly ran to my room to get my stuff and hugged my mom goodbye.

While my dad and I were driving to school, my legs were jumping up and down and I kept on wiping my palms because of sweat. My dad noticed it ofcourse.

Gustus: you'll be fine Alexandria. You always are. You are amazing, smart and beautiful. This is a new place, i know, and we are sorry that you left your friends back at home. But this is our home now. You'll have new friends here. Not forgetting those back at home, but you'll meet new people here too.

Me: i know dad. I just can't stop worrying. I don't know how American teens act, let alone high school. If movies do "american high school" justice, then i'm screwed.

My dad just laughed at what I was rambling about. But he knows I'm right. We don't know anything in this place, let alone this country. No one to ask for help, no one to trust.

We arrive at school at exactly 8:00 with the 1st bell ringing. I quickly give my dad a hug and say goodbye. I rush to what I think is the registrars office to get my class schedule.

Me: Hi i'm Alexandria Woods. I am new here. I am getting my class schedule?

School Registrar: Ah yes, hello sweetheart. This is your class schedule. You can check which homeroom class you belong to at the board outside the office. Welcome to Arkadia High School!

I thank the girl from the office and quickly go check which homeroom i belong to. I saw my name under Mr. Titus Class in room A11. "Great" where is this room. I quickly search the hallways and I see no A11. I ran and ran around. "God this school is big" i thought to myself. The warning bell rang, indicating that the class is already through 15mins, meaning if i go later than that, it is as good as absent.

Finally I saw a room with A11 sign on it. I open the door quickly without thinking that the class already started. I saw a bald man, which probably is Mr Titus, with an angry face looking at me. Then I feel all eyes were on me.

Mr. Titus: Who are you?

Me: Sorry sir, I'm late. This school is very big, i've been running around and I got lost. I'm new, i just transferred here. Sorry.

I just stood there not knowing what to do. I got scared honestly. Do i need to leave? Or should I go sit down? I was debating in my thoughts when I saw Titus scrunch up his face. And I knew then that I should leave. I was about to when a blonde girl stood up.

A blonde girl that I thought was an Angel with the light from the windows that shine through her hair. I was mesmerized by her looks, her very badass outfit, and raspy yet angelic voice. Now all eyes where on her. Then she started speaking.

Blonde girl: Oh god, i'm sorry i forgot about you. You're my responsibility and I forgot. Sir, this is my fault i forgot i need to help the new kid.

She was trying to signal something to me, which i think was 'try to ride on'. And i did. And i think the teacher believed what the blonde girl said and nodded and let me go sit.

The blonde girl moved to the back and gestured me to sit beside her. I quickly sat before I get embarassed even more.

Blonde girl: thank god you understood my signal. Haha hi, i'm clarke. (While she extends her hands to shake)

Me: (i shake her hand) thank you for thay save. I honestly don't know what to do then. I'm Alexandria. But you can call me Lexa.

Clarke: well hello, Lexa. Nice to meet you. Next time, ask someone for directions (she winks and i blush) and by the way, Welcome to Arkadia!

Me: It is nice to be here. Thank you, Clarke.

The class went by interstingly fast. The whole class, my heart was beating fast. I don't know why but it did. Through the class, i notice how Clarke tries to steal glances at me and I just smile a little bit. I try to steal glances at her too but i was not that discreet. But thank God the bell rang before she can say anything about it.

I got up from my chair. Quickly said thanks to Clarke then left. Suddenly, someone pulled me.

Clarke: where are you going? You might get lost again. Let me check your schedule. Don't want you being late, i might not be there to save you, princess.

Clarke: Ah English at C12, you have the same class with Octavia. Wait.... OCTAVIA!!!!

When Clarke looke at my schedule, she shouted at a girl named Octavia who she said was in the same class as me. I smiled at the shorter black haired girl while she was running towards us with a raven-haired latina by her side.

Octavia: whats up griff?

Clarke: Octavia, Raven, this is Lexa. Lexa these are my crackhead bestfriends Raven and Octavia.

Me: Hi guys. Nice to meet you.

The girl, who i think is Raven wanted to say something but was cut by Clarke.

Clarke: Okay we can all catch up later at lunch. Octavia, you and Lexa have the next class together. Can you help her to her next class after, though?

Octavia: sure, clarkie. Let's go lexie.

I hear Clarke groan but I made a mental note that I'm gonna tease her with that name. Next thing I know, Octavia was dragging me to class.

---

End of Chapter 2.

What do you think will happen next? Comments and Suggestions are highly appreciated.

See you tomorrow for next update.

xx Lovelots
Alex