'Because you aren't supposed to remember those.' an annoying voice came into my head, and I forced it out, knowing to not listen to it. 

'You can block us out all you want, Amara, but we will always be behind you. We will be watching you, even if it's from the shadows.' it hissed, before leaving as I gave it another push out of my head.

I am definitely not going to be telling Salvestro about this. No way in hell as he'll just send me to a real therapist.

~~~

I woke up to feel the sun shining in my eyes. Groaning out loud in annoyance, I pushed the covers over my head, stopping the light from flashing into my eyes. 

"It's time to wake up, Amara!" Sandeo's cheerful voice interrupted my sleep, and grumbling my annoyance, I walked out of bed. 

It took about half an hour to get my hair done with a bit of help from Salvestro, and by the time I was done, I only had ten minutes to eat before I had to be on my way. 

"What do you want for breakfast, Bambina?" Salvestro asked me when we both came down.

The twins both had two huge bowls of cereal in front of them as they stared into their phones, scrolling through whatever they were scrolling through as Sandeo devoured the food on his plate.

In all honesty, I was not in any way hungry, but I don't think I'd be able to get away without eating.

"Uh, I'll just have a glass of orange juice." I said, and Salvestro pinned me with a look that screamed, 'you better stop bullshitting me'.

"Ok, fine. I'll have toast with strawberry jam." I muttered, not wanting it but knowing that it was better than cereal. Is it even possible to like cereal? It's literally just pieces of crispy bread!

"Alright. I'll make it right now and you can eat it in the car." he told me, "Go get your bag and get in the car. I'll be there shortly."

"Alright."

"By the way, Sandeo, you're taking your own motorcycle, am I right?" Salvestro suddenly asked as Sandeo looked up from his food to look at his older brother.

"Yeah, I have try-outs in the afternoon." 

"Alright. What about the twins?" 

"We have try-outs for basket-ball." Salvino answered for him and his twin.

"Alright then. Amara? I'm going to have you wait for the twins to finish their try-outs before I pick you up, if that's alright? You can do your homework while waiting for them."  Salvestro turned to me, and I internally winced.

Salvestro wanted me to wait for the two people who disliked me the most in the family. He must really want me to die.

"Why can't you just pick her up?" Santino butted in, eyes flashing with a look I couldn't decipher.

"Because it'll save gas." Salvestro replied as if the answer was obvious.

"You have enough money to last you three lifetimes. It doesn't matter how much gas you use." Santino continued to huff.

"So? Doesn't mean we still shouldn't save up." he retorted. 

"Yeah, you should follow Salvestro's steps and save up twins." Sandeo agreed, a smug smirk on his face as two pairs of cold steel blue eyes turned to him.

"We are talking to Salvestro. Not you, Sandeo." Salvino spat vehemently.

"So?"

"So you shouldn't interrupt our conversation, a conversation that doesn't concern you." Santino rolled his eyes.