Chapter 4

"It's okay, I promise," Lauren said gently, leading the sobbing girl upstairs.

She had somehow let Camila convince her to let her wear her new training underwear to school instead of a pull-up, and, to say the least, it had ended disastrously.

"It's not your fault, Mila," Lauren promised, rolling out the changing mat and lying Camila down on it.

She peeled off the messy underwear, sighing as Camila only started to cry harder.

"Hush," she soothed, wiping Camila down as quickly as possible. She hesitantly reached for one of the new Sofia the First diapers, lifting Camila's bottom in the air and sliding the padded material underneath her. "I'll go make you a special bottle of milk after this," Lauren said as she shook some powder on before pulling up the front of the diaper.

"Everyone saw," Camila whimpered, reaching up for Lauren.

"I know," Lauren said sympathetically, lifting Camila into her arms and patting her back rhythmically. 

"I don't want to go back," Camila whimpered.

"You don't have to, not today, at least," Lauren promised. "Should we take off your uniform?"

Camila nodded, reaching her arms up.

"This too," Camila said, tugging at her new training bra.

"Do you want to wear your onesie?" Lauren suggested, reaching for Camila's fluffy dragon onesie.

Camila nodded, climbing onto Lauren's lap in just her diaper.

"Feels funny," Camila whined, patting the front of the thick diaper.

"It's a bit thicker than what you're used to," Lauren explained, wrapping her arms around Camila's waist in hopes that the skin-to-skin contact would comfort her. "But it'll keep you nice and dry for much longer."

"Okay," Camila mumbled, letting Lauren work her soft furry onesie on her.

"Did you eat lunch at school?" Lauren asked, putting Camila down and standing up.

"No, but I'm not hungry," Camila shrugged. "I want-,"

"You want chocolate milk," Lauren interrupted with a chuckle. "I can get you some, but we need to figure out what we're going to do because I need to get back to school for my afternoon classes."

"You said I don't need to go back," Camila pouted.

"You don't, but I do," Lauren sighed as she led Camila down the stairs. "So, either I can drop you at Dinah's and you need to be really good for her or you can come sit at my desk until the end of the school day."

"I can stay on my own," Camila insisted, watching as Lauren's hand took down the baby bottle that they saved for especially bad days.

"No, love, which one are we gonna do?" Lauren asked, handing Camila the bottle of chocolate milk.

"Can I stay with you?" Camila asked quietly.

"Of course you can," Lauren said, leaning against the counter. "But you need to stay in your diaper, okay? No more wearing your training underwear to school."

"I know," Camila whined, embarrassed by the conversation.

"I know we just got you changed, but I don't think you'd want to wear your onesie to school," Lauren said, watching as Camila chewed tentatively on the teat of her bottle.

"Can you hold me?" Camila asked.

"Uh, should we just go get you dressed?" Lauren asked. She didn't want to confuse Camila or indulge her childish ways by treating Camila younger than she was.