Chapter 18

"What a sleepy little girl you are," Lauren hummed, bouncing Camila in her arms, having just gotten her up from her nap.

"Mama?" Camila murmured.

"It's LoLo, baby," Lauren said, watching as Camila batted her long eyelashes, slowly waking up. 

The name seemed to have stuck, and Lauren was unsure as to how the best way to respond was.

"You've been struggling to sleep without a crib," Lauren sighed as she lay Camila down on her changing mat. "We need to get your cot from Mummy's house, don't we?"

"I don' need it," Camila insisted, kicking impatiently as Lauren took off her wet pull-up.

"Shh, stop wriggling," Lauren instructed, placing her hand on Camila's tummy in attempt to soothe her, only removing it once Camila had settled down. "Me and Dinah can't keep putting you back to bed once we've already put you down," Lauren explained.

"Mila's a good girl," Camila said, stretching out on the changing mat.

"You are  a good girl," Lauren nodded. "Just not when it comes to nap time."

"A'cuz it's boring," Camila whined.

"But it's important," Lauren pointed out. "Now," she said, sitting Camila up. "Do you want to get some clothes on before your snack?"

"Nuh-uh," Camila shook her head.

"Didn't think so," Lauren chuckled, lifting Camila to her feet. "Don't run!" she called after Camila who had sprinted out of the room. Only moments later she heard a thump followed by the sound of crying. With a sigh, she got to her feet.

"M-m-mama," Camila sobbed.

"I told you not to run," Lauren sighed, bending down next to Camila.

"What's going on?" Dinah asked, jogging up the stairs.

"Fastest I've ever seen you run," Lauren joked as she scooped Camila into her arms.

"Haha, very funny," Dinah rolled her eyes.

"Excuse me, Mamas, I'm dying," Camila interrupted from her place in Lauren's arms, not enjoying the lack of attention.

"She really is your child," Lauren told Dinah with a laugh. "Camz, we were getting you a snack, weren't we?"

"Num num," Camila said, swinging her legs.

"We were just talking about how it might be a good idea to talk to Serena about getting Camila's crib and highchair," Lauren told Dinah as they made their way down to the kitchen.

"I think we've gone long enough without a crib," Dinah agreed.

"No crib," Camila groaned.

"Mm," Lauren hummed. "Do you remember where we're going today?"

"Doctor?" Camila asked.

"Good girl," Lauren nodded, putting Camila down on the kitchen table.

"Word of advice, don't give her yogurt," Dinah rolled her eyes.

"Why would I give her yogurt?" Lauren laughed.

"I want milk," Camila insisted. "Chocolate milk."

"Babes, what about an apple?" Lauren asked, crossing her arms.

"Mama's being silly, isn't she," Dinah said, tickling Camila.

"D, don't encourage it," Lauren hissed.

"It's cute," Dinah shrugged.

"Can I sit in your lap?" Camila asked Lauren.

"Sure, let me just make your bottle," Lauren said, taking out the carton of chocolate milk and pouring it into Camila's baby bottle. "We really need to get back into the habit of using your sippy cup instead," Lauren said as she heated up the bottle.