Chapter 23

"Laurennnn," Dinah groaned when she felt Camila sucking on her collarbone. "She's doing it again."

"I asked you to hold her for one minute," Lauren rolled her eyes, finishing tying her shoelace before standing up to take Camila back from Dinah. "Come here, baby," she cooed, resting Camila on her hip. "You just want to suckle, don't you darling? D, do you have a pacifier?"

"If I had one I would've given it to her by now," Dinah rolled her eyes.

"I think I have one at the bottom of my bag," Lauren sighed.

Lauren had taken Camila straight from school to the mall seeing as she had a doctor's appointment that evening for a diaper rash she had developed and the girls thought the few hours in between would be a good opportunity to get some shopping done, but the small girl was quickly becoming fussy and difficult to manage.

"I'm going to take this one to the bathroom to get her changed," Lauren said, hoping that taking Camila out of her school uniform would help seeing as it wasn't the most comfortable.

"Can I wear my Elsa dress?" Camila asked, squirming in Lauren's arms.

"I'm going to go to Urban Outfitters and then Boots, should we meet there?" Dinah asked, giving Camila a kiss on the cheek.

"Sure," Lauren nodded, shooting her girlfriend a smile before heading in the direction of the escalators with Camila.

"Mama, down."

"There you go, hold the side, baby," Lauren said, putting Camila down as they stepped onto the escalator. 

"Elsa d'wess?" Camila asked hopefully, turning to face Lauren.

"No, angel, Mama didn't pack that because we have a busy day ahead of us and I think you'd be better in something comfy," Lauren explained, holding Camila's hand to make sure she stepped off the escalator carefully.

"But I wanna wear my dress," Camila pouted.

"How about we get you in your Elsa dress when we get home? You can do a performance for me and DJ," Lauren suggested.

"Kay," Camila agreed. 

"Right, this way," Lauren said, ushering Camila into the female bathroom.

"I wanna go in the big girl one," Camila argued when Lauren tried to lead her into the disabled stall.

"We need the changing table, sweetheart," Lauren explained. "And there's more space in this one, it's not for babies."

"What did you pack?" Camila asked, following Lauren into the stall.

"I packed your yellow sunshine top and-,"

"And paci?" Camila cut her off.

"Your yellow sunshine top your white denim shorts," Lauren finished her sentence. "And I might have a pacifier in my bag but I'll have to check after you're changed. Now, can you lie back for me?"

Camila nodded, slipping two of her fingers into her mouth and starting to gently suckle on them.

"Nena, what happens to little fingers when they go in your mouth?" Lauren asked as she took of Camila's school tights.

"Nuffin," Camila's voice came out muffled.

"Do they have bacteria all over them and get icky things into your mouth?" Lauren asked.

Camila shook her head, her wide eyes focussed on Lauren in the way they always did when she was growing sleepy, and Lauren decided to let it go for the time being to avoid a tantrum in case she didn't have a pacifier on her after all. She changed Camila into a fresh diaper, being as gentle as she could be to avoid causing anymore discomfort, and her shorts and top, packing her school uniform into the bag.