Chapter 25

A/N: Someone asked to see what Camila's school day is like so here ya go :)

It was 8.15 on a Thursday morning, and Lauren was taking Camila to her classroom. 

"Your homework is in your folder, don't forget to give it to Miss Epseley," Lauren said as she walked down the year ten corridor holding Camila's hand.

"I know," Camila hummed, skipping along next to Lauren.

"And what type of a day are we going to have?" Lauren asked with a smile.

"A good one!" Camila bounced excitedly.

"That's right," Lauren said, coming to a stop outside Camila's classroom door and bending down in front of the little girl. "Have a good day," she said, smiling to herself when Camila jumped onto her, engulfing her in a massive hug. 

"Bye, Mama," Camila said, rubbing her cheek against Lauren's.

"I love you," Lauren said, giving Camila a kiss on her cheek before standing up. "C'mon, I'll drop you inside," Lauren said, feeling Camila tightening her grip on her hand.

"Kay," Camila whispered, a lot quieter than she had been just a few seconds ago as the reality of Lauren leaving sunk in.

"Hi, Camila," Miss Epseley smiled, walking over. "Hi, Lauren," she added. "Camila, should we go hang your coat up on your coat peg?" she asked, knowing that it was best for Lauren to leave as quickly as possible so Camila would settle down.

"Off you go," Lauren said, letting go of Camila's hand and giving her a gentle nudge.

Camila nodded, glancing back at Lauren who smiled and gave her a small wave before turning to face her coat peg, letting Miss Epseley help her take her coat off before standing on her tiptoes to hang up the coat. When she looked back again, Lauren was gone.

"Should we unpack your bag and get you ready for the day?" Miss Epseley suggested. 

"Okay," Camila said, picking her bag up and walking over to the carpet.

She sat down and unzipped her bag, taking out her folder.

"My homework is in here," Camila said.

"How did you get on with it?" Miss Epseley asked, opening the folder.

"Some bits were difficult, but the maths worksheet was okay," Camila said, taking her water bottle and pencil case out of her bag too.

"We need to do a bit of work on your numbers, don't we?" Miss Epseley said, looking over the maths worksheet in which several numbers were written backwards. "Right, I need to go print some of your work out for today, do you want to take these to the homework tray and then go tick everything off on your chart?"

Camila nodded, taking her backpack to her coat peg before running to the desk with her name on it, putting down her pencil case and water bottle at the top of it and then moving towards the back of the classroom where her chart was.

She carefully moved around the different images, sticking the images of tasks she'd completed onto the velcro of the side titled 'completed'. 

"Hi, Camila!" a familiar voice called out.

She turned around to see Ava standing behind her, backpack still on her back as she'd clearly just come in.

"Have you finished all your morning tasks?" she asked, walking over to look at the chart.

"I still need to get my exercise book," Camila said, looking at the laminated photo of her yellow lined notebook on the chart.

"We can go get our books together," Ava offered, walking towards the trays with Camila. "What did you do last night?"