S3 E1 - Continued

After packing our stuff on our bikes and making our way to the tallest hill in town, we unloaded our things and began to walk up the hill. Mike and I were holding hands. It was hot and we were all sweating. "Aren't we high enough?" Lucas asked.

"Cerebrospinal works best at a hundred meters." Dustin told us.

"You know, I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones." Max told him.

"Yeah, but Suzie's Mormon." Dustin said.

"Oh shit. She doesn't have electricity?" Lucas asked.

"That's the Amish." Max told him.

"Hey Mike, it's hot. I wanna go home." El whispered to Mike.

"Okay, sure." Mike told her. I rolled my eyes. Obviously El was still important to Mike, but sometimes it feels like he cares more about her.

"What are Mormons?" Will asked.

"Super religious white people." Dustin told him. "They have electricity and cars and stuff, but... since I'm not Mormon, her parents would never approve. It's all a bit, Shakespearean."

"Shakespearean?" Max asked.

"Yeah. Like Romeo and Juliet." Dustin told her.

"Right." Max said.

"Star-crossesd lovers." Dustin said.

"I got it." Max told him.

"Hey Summer, why don't we go back to the cabin? Finish what we started yesterday?" Mike asked, covering up the fact that El wants to go home.

"But it's Dustin's first day back. Besides, I don't want to leave Will." I whispered back.

"Dustin has everyone else, and Will's going to be fine, he's not a little kid." Mike told me. I sighed.

"Fine." I told him. Mike gave my hand a tight squeeze.

"Hey guys!" Mike yelled. The others had gotten far ahead of us while we had been talking. Everyone stopped and turned around to face us. "This is fun and all, but, uh..." Mike pointed to his watch.

"I have to go home." El said.

"We're almost there." Dustin told us.

"Sorry, man. Curfew." Mike told him. "Come on, let's go." Mike said to me.

"Good luck." El said.

"I hope you guys have a nice time. And make sure you get home safe Will." I told him. I then turned around and took a shaky breath. It was almost like I was having a panic attack or PTSD. The last time I told Will to get home safe and then left him, he went missing. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as Mike led me away from everyone.

"Hey, you okay?" Mike asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told him. We then all made our way to our bikes. I hopped on mine followed by El. Mike hopped on his and we began riding to the cabin. Once we were there, Mike grabbed my hand and we walked into my room.

"Three inches." Hopper said.

"We got it." I told him. Mike and I then went and sat down in my bed, and I used my powers to close the door, but not all the way. Mike then smiled at me before grabbing both of my hands and bringing his lips mine. As we continued, we let go of each other's hands and I cupped his face in my hands. Mike put his hands on the tops of my thighs so he could hold himself up.

Only a few moments later, there was a knock on the door. Mike and I pulled away and we sat next to each other. "Hey." Hopper said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Can I talk to you guys a minute?" Hopper asked. Mike and I looked at each other confused. I then opened the door and Hopper stood in the doorway "Hi." He said.

"Hi?" Mike and I both questioned. Hopper then walked in and sat down in my chair I had by my  vanity and spun in around so it was facing the bed. He then sat down and just looked at Mike and I, not saying anything. He then turned around and turned off the radio. He turned back to us and still said nothing.

"So are you going to talk to us or are we just going to continue staring at each other because I'm really confused." I told him.

"Oh yeah um...." Hopper began before trailing off and we were left with more silence.  "What I uh...needed to say to you....what I wanted to say to you....is that um,"

"Uh oh, I think we're in trouble." Mike said, smiling at him. I looked at him and tried not to smile, but it was hard. His smile was so pretty. I couldn't hold back and I smiled a little while also trying to still hold it back. Mike then did a small laugh so I did one too. Hopper looked at us in disbelief.

"No. No, no body's in trouble. Okay? I just um..." Hopper trailed off as he watched Mike turn to me and whisper in my ear.

"El can say more words then he's saying right now." Mike whispered. It caused me to laugh and for Hopper to look at Mike in even more disbelief. I grabbed Mike's hand, trying to stop giggling.

"You know what? Your mom called." Hopper told Mike.

"What?" Mike asked.

"Yeah. She needs you home right away." Hopper told him.

"Is everything okay?" Mike asked.

"Nah I don't think so. It's your grandma." Hopper said.

"Well then I should go. But I'll see you tomorrow alright? Nine am sharp." Mike told me. I nodded and he leaned in and kissed my lips which I returned. We pulled away both smiling. "Okay bye." Mike said.

"Bye. I hope your grandma gets better soon." I said. Mike nodded to me and then both he and Hopper left. I sat in my room and was about to go see what El was up to before remembering I left Will at the hill. I walked over to my radio and switched it to a static channel. I then grabbed the black cloth I used to cover my eyes and tied it around my face. I then closed my eyes and focused. 'Will.' I thought to myself. 'Will Byers.' And then, I saw Will. He was in his bed, just laying there, sleep in his eyes. But I also saw curiosity, wondering, confusion, and fear. I almost called out to him before remembering he wouldn't hear me anyways. I just watched at he watch the world around him. Looking at the light, listening to the sounds, and feeling the world around him. Will then closed his eyes and drifted off. I then grabbed the cloth and took it off my eyes, going back to reality. When I did, El was standing right in front of me and I jumped. "Jesus Christ El, you scared me." I told her.

"Sorry." She told me.

"It's fine." I told her. "Did you need something?"

"Where did Hop and Mike go?" El asked.

"Hopper went to being Mike home. His grandma's sick or something and his mom wanted him home." I told her. El nodded.

"What are you doing?" She asked me.

"I'm checking on Will." I told her.

"Why?" El asked.

"Well, after he went missing, I've been worried about him when I'm not with him. Hell sometimes I worry when I am with him. He's just always been there for me. I love him and I-I don't know what I would do without him." I told her. El nodded. I could see she was about to ask another question about it so I changed the subject. "Do you want to do something?" I asked her.

"Like what?" She asked.

"Anything."