V1 S4 E6 - Continued

Papa sent both Eleven and I back to the rainbow room. Eleven went over to the Plinko board and I followed her. She handed me a few extra chips to hold before putting one at the top of the board. It went down, clinking as it hit different pegs, before landing in four. Eleven got onto her knees again and put another chip in. It clinked all the way down before landing on six. Eleven sighed in annoyance. A second later, I heard screaming. Both Eleven and I whipped our heads around towards the doors to the rainbow room. "Please!" I heard someone yell. Eleven and I stood up and began to walk to the doors.

As soon as we stepped out of them, we looked at each direction of the hallways. Once we saw that no one was there, we began to walk down the hall with the different rooms. After taking only a few steps we heard yelling and struggling coming from the room closest to our left. Eleven and I walked towards the door that read 'Test Room 1'. Once we reached it, we both looked in. Shock was written all over my face when I saw that the younger man was on the floor, being tazed by two of the other helpers. Papa was standing on the other side of the glass watching it all happen. "Please, please, please..." The man begged. The two helpers just tazed him again and again. Over and over.

As we watched the horrific events, I saw Papa begin to turn his head. I moved away from the door and pulled Eleven with me. We were pressed up against the wall for only a few seconds before the door to the room opened. The two of us ran around the corner and watched as the helpers dragged the man, who was now unconscious, out of the room. Papa followed right behind them, closing the door and locking it. He was about to follow the two men when he suddenly stopped. He began to turn around again. Eleven and I threw ourselves back against the wall, hopefully avoiding his gaze. We both stood there for a few seconds, trying to be as quiet as possible.

When we heard Papa's footsteps walk the other way, we peeked around the corner. We both watched him follow the two men. We took this opportunity to sneak back into the rainbow room, still watching to make sure Papa didn't come back. As we backed into the rainbow room, I watched the doors close in front of us, trying to assure myself Papa hadn't seen us and wasn't about to barge in. "You shouldn't be wandering the halls." A voice said. Eleven and I turned around to see Two and three of the other kids. They were all closing in on us, trapping Eleven and I.

"It's against the rules." A girl, whose number I didn't know, said.

"And not safe." Two added. "You shamed me today." He said, getting right up in Eleven's face.

"I-I'm sorry-" Eleven told him.

"I don't want to hurt either of you. The two of you are weak and pathetic. I was holding back. And then, you do that before everyone? Before Papa?"

"No." Eleven told him, trying to hold back tears. Two then used his powers to throw her to the floor. I tried to use my powers to throw him back, but he beat me to it. He flung me to the side, my back and head smashing into the wall. I fell to the ground, my body throbbing in pain, tears welling up in my eyes.

"How'd that feel? Did you like that?" I heard Two ask. I wanted to look up and see what was going on, but I was in too much pain. "See a light? I don't."

"Something must've happened to the power." One of the other numbers said.

"Thirteen." I heard Eleven say, panicked. I let out a sob in response. 'Thirteen, help me!'

'I can't.' I told her. Tears were falling from my face and I started to groan out in pain. My back and head hurt, but my rib area felt awful, I was pretty sure they were broken.

Out of nowhere, I felt myself get picked up. I was dragged between the other numbers again. They began to use their powers to throw Eleven and I around. When they would use their powers to push me away from my front, the pressure caused excruciating pain on my ribs, but it was the worst when they would ram Eleven and I into each other. Eleven and I were both screaming. Eleven, because she was scared, and me, because I was in pain.

They pushed us back and forth, they would stop us abruptly, they would hold us in the middle, slam us into each other. All of it was painful. Then, Two stopped us right in front of him. "NO!" Eleven and I yelled. Two used his powers to throw us into the wall. We both slammed into it before falling to the ground. If my ribs weren't broken, they were now. Two walked over to us and kneeled down in front of us.

"Tell Papa we did this, we will kill you." Two told us. The four of them then got up and walked over by the doors. Eleven slowly got up, crying as she did. I slowly got myself up enough to lean against the wall. I sobbed at every movement sent a wave of pain through my body.

"Aw, feeling a little dizzy there?" One of the numbers asked. "Poor baby." She then laughed and left the room with the others. As soon as the doors closed, Eleven ran over to me.

"Thirteen, are you okay?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I think my ribs might be broken." I told her. "Help me up, please." I asked. Eleven held her hands out and I took them. She then slowly helped me get up. I groaned out in pain. As soon as I was up, I put my arms on Eleven's shoulders and leaned on her, taking a few deep breaths.

A distant scream drew my attention to the mirror in the room. "Eleven." I said, shocked. I then took one arm off of her shoulder and pointed to the mirror. I saw her eyes go wide. The two of us then slowly made our way towards the mirror, watching our younger selves get closer and closer to us. 
We stopped only a few feet from the mirror, taking in what we were seeing. There was a spot of blood on the wall and on the floor where we had been standing. However, our eight year old selves were covered in it. There was blood that had dripped from our eyes and noses. We had blood covering the front of our hospital gowns. The two of us collectively looked down at our own. There was blood covering them as well. The lights in the room then began to flicker. We looked back into the mirror and there were the other numbers. All of them dead with blood splattered from their bodies. Their limbs were twisted in different angles, and their eyes. Their eyes were gone. 

Panic flooded through me. What the hell happened? Then, I started to get flashes of Eleven and I, blood dripping from our eyes. We were screaming, an arm up, using our powers. Had we done this? Had we killed all of the other numbers? 
As the lights stopped flickering, our attention was drawn back to the mirror. We both stared at the horror around us. "What have you done?" Papa's voice rang out. "What have you done?" 

------

My eyes opened and I saw orange-yellow lights around me. I was laying on a bed and I noticed Papa and Dr. Owens near me. "Okay, easy, easy. Deep breaths. Take deep breaths." Dr. Owens said. I then noticed I could hear the sound of two different machines. 
I began to take his advice and take deep breaths. I looked to my right and saw Eleven laying there, alert as well. 

"Eleven, Thirteen, you did well." Papa told us, his hands on our necks checking for our pulses. "You both did very well." 

"We know what happened now." Eleven told him. I saw a flash of my using my powers again, bringing tears to my eyes. Papa looked at both of us. The guilt I felt from looking at the other numbers and seeing what I had done was getting to me. 

"We killed them, didn't we, Papa?" I asked him. "We killed them all." Tears fell from my eyes. I had done that. Eleven and I had done that. I started to find it harder to breathe as I began to cry harder. 

"Okay, shh." Owens said, trying to soothe me. 

"We killed them all."