S1 E4 - Continued

We all then ran downstairs and to our bikes. El was on the bike of Mike's bike and they were in the front. Dustin and Lucas were behind them, but in front of me. I could see El looking around at all the things to see of the town she's lived in all her life, but never got to explore. When we pulled up to the school, we parked our bikes and walked into the school. "Okay, remember, if anyone sees us, look sad." Mike told us, we all nodded. Then the announcements blared over the speakers.

'Attention students, there will be an assemble to honor Will Byers in the gymnasium now.' Said the announcements. When we got to the A.V. room, Mike tried to open it but it was locked.

"It's locked." Mike said.

"What?" Lucas asked. He then tried to open it.

"Hey Summer, do you think you can open it?" Dustin asked. I nodded and was about to do it when we were interrupted by Mr.Clarke.

"Boys? Summer?" Mr.Clarke asked, we all wiped around and faced him.

"Hi." Lucas breathed out.

"The assembly's about to start." Mr.Clarke told us.

"We know." Mike told him. "Were just you know..."

"Upset." Lucas finished for him.

"Yeah, defiantly upset." Dustin repeated.

"We need some alone time." I told Mr.Clarke.

"To cry." Dustin finished unconvincingly.

"Listen, I get it. I really do, I know how hard this is but let's just be there for Will huh?" We all nodded.

"And then," said Mr.Clarke reaching for the room's keys which he tossed to Mike, "The Heath Kit is all yours for the rest of the day. What'da say?" Mr.Clarke asked. We all nodded again. Then he turned to El. "I don't believe we met what's your name?" Mr.Clarke asked her.

"Elev- Elanor." Mike cut her off.

"Yeah, it's Elanor. She's my biological sister?" I questioned as it came out. "She found out about me and decided to meet me. But she came at a weird week. So now she's here for Will's funeral." I told him.

"Ah well, welcome to Hawkins Middle Elanor, wish you were here under better circumstances." Mr.Clarke said to her.

"Thank you." Eleven told him. {Look at our girl being polite}

"Where are you from exactly?" Mr.Clarke asked her. We all turned to look at her.

"Bad place-Sweden." Dustin cut her off.

"Our real mother and father had us in Sweden." I said, trying to make up a reason for El's and I's lack of a Swedish accent. "But she's hates it there."

"Cold." Lucas said.

"Sub zero." Dustin told him.

"Shall we?" Mr.Clarke asked.

"Yup." Lucas replied. We all then turned around and made our way to the gym. When we got there, Dustin opened the door and everyone in the gym looked at us.

"Aboard." Dustin said, turning around and walking back towards the door, Lucas stopped him and turned him around. We then all walked into the bleachers, I was sitting in between Mike and El. I was sitting watching the principal when I heard Mike and Lucas talking.

"Look at all these fakers." Mike said.

"They probably didn't even know his name till today." Lucas said. I then heard laughter and looked over. James and Troy were laughing. They were laughing about Will's 'death'. I saw mike look over and the he looked at me when I glared at them.

"Summer, don't do anything right now. At least wait till the assembly is over." He told me. I nodded but kept glaring at the two.

"Mouth breather." I heard El say. I then turned around and looked at her. She looked at me and leaned back into her seat. When the assembly was over, we all got out of the bleachers and Mike called out to Troy.

"Hey Troy. Hey, hey, hey Troy." Troy and James both turned around and faced Mike. "You think this is funny?" Mike asked him.

"What'd you say Wheeler?" Troy asked him.

"I saw you guys laughing over there. And I think that's a real messed up thing to do." Mike told him.

"Didn't you listen to the counselor Wheeler?"

"Grief shows itself in funny ways." James said.

"You didn't even know him! All you did was make fun of him and when he was missing, you were happy to think of him dead you assholes!" I yelled at them. Troy came up to me and pushed me on the ground.

"Besides, what's there to be sad about anyway? Will's all in fairyland now. Hanging out with all the other little faeries. All happy and gay." Troy said, then both he and James laughed and started to walk away. I sat there rubbing my side furious. I then watched as Mike walked up to Troy and pushed him from behind. I heard everyone go 'ooooh.' I then watched as Tory quickly got up.

"Your dead Wheeler. DEAD!" He yelled then rushed at Mike. I quickly popped up and froze Troy in his spot. He looked scared and confused. I then remembered all the times he bullied us and how he made fun of Will's death. I then proceed to embarrass Troy by making him pee himself.

"Dude, Troy peed himself." I heard one of the kids say. Everyone then began to laugh. Mike turned around and looked at me. I smiled at him, wiped my nose, turned around, and walked away.

"Hey! What's going on here?" The principal asked. We then all ran and made our way to the A.V. room. We all got in there and turned on the light.

"She'll find him, right El?" Mike asked her.

"Help." She said.

"What?" Mike asked her.

"Help." El said, then looked at me.

"You want me to help?" I asked her. She nodded, "El, I don't know how." I told her.

"Follow me." She said. She then looked to the Heath Kit and began to focus, I did the same. 'Summer, I need you to picture Will, and from there we can find him.' She told me in our heads. 'Okay.' I replied. I pictured what Will looked like in my mind. 'Now really think of him, think about how you need to find him.' El told me. I then began to really think about how much I needed to find Will. I then began to hear noises. They sounded like very loud footsteps.

"Mom?" I heard Will say. "Mom. MOM!" Will yelled, sounding more scared the second time. Faintly, I could hear the boys screaming for Will and I knew they could hear him. "Hello? Mom? Summer?" I felt my eyes begin to water. "Mom. Mom. Mom it's coming! It's like home. But it's so dark, it's so dark and empty!" Will yelled, starting to cry. "AND IT'S COLD MOM, MOM!" He yelled. "Mom please!"

"WILL!" I yelled. "WILL, WILL! WILL!" I kept yelling. Will didn't respond. Then, I heard sparks and I was brought back. I opened my eyes to see that the Heath Kit had caught on fire. The fire alarm started going off. Dustin grabbed the fire extinguisher and put out the fire.

"El are you okay?" Mike asked, standing next to her.

"Summer, are you good?" Lucas asked me. I just looked at him, tears were streaming down my face, I couldn't move. I don't think El could either.

"Can you move?" Mike asked El. She didn't respond. "Lucas help me with El, Dustin grab Summer." Mike told them. I felt Dustin lift me up and put my arm around him. The boys then tried to find what they could to get us out. They ended up finding carts and wheeled us out on them. Mike hopped on his bike and Lucas and Dustin carried El to sit behind Mike. I started to sit up and slowly made my way to my bike before falling. "Summer, why don't you just get on the back of Lucas's or Dustin's bike? We'll come back for your bike later." Mike told me.

"No Mike it's fine. I got it." I told him, standing up and getting on my bike.

"Summer." He began.

"No Mike! I got it." I told him. We all then hopped on our bikes and made our way to Mike's house.