S3 E5 - The Flayed

Hey guys! I know it's been quite a while. I apologize for that. However, now that ST4 volume one is coming out in a little over a month, I thought I would try to finish this so I can start ST4 sooner rather than later. Once again, I sincerely apologize for not updating, I'm going to try and do better, and I hope you enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After leaving the pool, we all went back to Mike's house. I had a hard time biking, and could hardly walk when we got back. I had gotten up from my bike and my knees buckled. Before I could hit the ground, Mike ran over and caught me. He then picked me up, bridal style, and carried me to his bed, tucking me in. He then told me he would sleep downstairs with Will and Lucas, while Max and El slept in Nancy's room as she was out for the night. 

"Thank you." I told him. Mike smiled. 

"Uh, yeah, of course. No problem." He said, awkwardly. It was cute and made me smile. "I'm gonna head to bed now." He told me, walking back towards the door. 

"Goodnight Mike." I said with my hoarse voice. Mike stopped in the doorway and turned to face me. 

"Goodnight Summer." He told me. He then closed the door and I heard his steps as he walked downstairs and into the basement. I sighed, thinking a bit about Mike, and then I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. 

--------------

"Okay so this acquaintance lives in Illinois? Correct?...So we're walking to Illinois?" My mom asked. It was the next day. All of us had gotten up and met downstairs. I could walk just fine now, but it still hurt to talk. We had been trying to get a hold of Hopper, but to no avail. El decided to use her powers to look for him. I said that I would look for my mom. She was walking. I wasn't sure with who or where, but she seemed stressed and tense. "Okay, well, then what are we doing?...Isn't there someone in Indiana who speaks Russian that-...I mean, fine. Just saying." 

"I found him." I heard El say. 

"Where is he?" Max asked. I stopped listening to what my mom was saying and instead listened to what El and the others were saying. 

"Woods." El told her. 

"Woods?" Lucas asked. 

"He's with Summer and Will's mom." El said. 

"Our-our mom? Summer, what's going on with mom?" Will asked. 

"I see her. She's walking. She's talking to someone. It must be Hopper, and they must be in the woods." I told him. 

"Where are they walking?" Max asked. 

"Illinois." El said, having trouble saying the word. 

"They're going to Illinois." I said, confirming from what my mom had said. I then heard a banging on the basement door. 

"Mike! Breakfast!" Mrs. Wheeler yelled. 

"NOT NOW MOM!" Mike yelled back to her. "Illinois? Illinois, like the state?" Mike asked. I pulled off my blindfold. "The state of Illinois?" El shrugged. 

"Illinois." She said. Mike looked confused. 

"I would assume the state." I told him. "My mom asked about someone being in Indiana, but Hopper must've told her that they're in Illinois." 
Everybody kept asking questions, but I couldn't really answer them so I decided to go into the bathroom and wipe the blood off. El and Max followed. Max grabbed a washcloth and got it wet. I sat down on the tub while Max took the blood off of Eleven. I then looked at El's neck and it made me wonder how bad mine was. El put her hand up to the marking.