V2 S4 E8 - Continued

Eleven and I had gone back to our rooms and packed our things. We then got dressed into the clothes we arrived here in and met out in the hallway. From there, we both made our way to where the Nina machines were. 'One last look.' I told her. Eleven looked at me and nodded. She took a deep breath while I took one last look. We were about to turn around and head back out when we heard the creek of the door close behind us. We both whipped around and tried to stop the door from closing. 

"NO!" We both yelled. 

"No!" Eleven yelled again. We stopped banging on the door after hearing the extra secure locks activate. 

"What?" I whispered, confused. I then turned around and walk father into the room, Eleven following. 

"You can't leave Eleven and Thirteen." Papa walked out from behind one of the Nina machines. Fear flowed through me. 

"Where is Dr. Owens?" I asked. 

"Dr. Owens had a change of heart." Papa told us, walking closer. My eyes narrowed, knowing what that meant. "I know you wish to go to him, and there's nothing I can do to stop you from forcing open that door. But if my men hear you coming, they will kill him." My hatred towards Papa began to return. "And alone, you will never find your way out of this desert to your friends." I felt my anger boil through me. "Here's what we're going to do. You two and I are going to complete our work together. And when I decide that you are ready, we will return to Hawkins, together. Papa and daughters." 

"Why are you doing this?" Eleven asked. 

"Because there's no other choice." Papa told us. 

"There is a choice." I told him. 

"Only one that is right." Papa told me. 

"And you make the right choices?" I asked him, venom clear in my tone. 

"I try." He told me. 

"Did you make the right choice with Will?" I asked, tears threatening to fall. Papa looked at me, almost unsure of what to say. 

"It was dangerous, Thirteen. No one but him had ever lasted so long before." Papa told me. 

"So you sent my mom and my dad to go and find him, thinking they would die as well? You are the reason that demogorgon got out and got him in the first place. You are the reason he disappeared. It's your fault he almost died. You are the reason he suffered for so long." I told him, digging my nails into my palms from how angry I was. 

"Like I said, Thirteen. I try." Papa told me. 

"Did you make the right choice with Mama?" Eleven asked. 

"Your mother was sick, Eleven. She was a danger to herself and to others. She brought a gun in the hospital. She killed a man." Papa tried to reason. 

"Hospital?" Eleven asked. "No. A prision." Eleven and I were both now in Papa's face. 

"Everything I have done was for your own good." Papa told us. "For your own protection." 

"And Henry?" I asked. Papa looked at me, shocked. "You kept Henry in that lab. With the children. Was that for our good? Was that a right choice?" 

"I had no idea what Henry would do. I cared for you. I loved you. I loved all of you." Papa told us. 

"Even Henry?" Eleven asked. 

"Yes." Papa firmly told her. "I was trying to help Henry, to understand him. Yes. Yes, I cared for him." 

"Even after what...what he did?" Eleven asked, tears making her choke up.