S3 E4 - The Sauna Test

We rode from Heather's house back to Max's. Once we were inside, we got ready for bed. We were all tired from trying to figure out what happened to Heather. I was currently in the bathroom while Max and El were in Max's room. I was brushing my teeth. 'I'm sorry, but I don't remember your name.' Billy's voice rang through my head. I then had flashes of memories of him seeing El and I in the dark room and Heather in the bathtub. Not to mention the thing I saw in his eyes. Something was up, something was wrong. There was just a piece of the puzzle missing. I racked my brain, trying to remember something that could help me figure it all out. In the end, I came to nothing. Whatever was going on would remain a mystery.

For now.

I took a deep breath before walking out of the bathroom and into Max's room. "Which one?" She asked, referring to the two comic books she was holding.

"I don't know." I told her, too occupied to really pay attention. I walked over to the bed where both Max and El were laying in. I laid next to Max who moved and had me lay in the middle.

"Hey, there's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?" Max asked. I sighed before answering.

"It doesn't make sense." I told them.

"What doesn't make sense?" Max asked.

"Heather." I admitted, "The blood. The ice."

"Heather had a fever, so she took a cold bath, but she's better now. That has to be it. I don't know where that blood came from, but... we saw her. We all saw her. She's totally fine." Max told me.

"What about Billy?" I asked.

"What about him?" Max asked.

"He seemed off." I told her.

"Off is kind of like his default." Max told me.

"Max, he had this thing in his eyes. It was something that made me uncomfortable and uneasy." I said.

"That's typically how I feel when he looks at me as well." Max said.

"No, it was weird... I've felt that way before. I can't remember from who or why. But it wasn't normal. There's something wrong." I told her, not exactly sure how to explain myself.

"Look, I think you're just worked up over nothing. Billy was with Heather all day. What could he have done wrong?" Max asked. I shrugged. "It's nice to know he's not a murderer, because that would've totally sucked." She then smiled and gave a small chuckle. I tried to do the same, but couldn't. I then looked over at El who looked almost as uneasy as I felt. Max then picked the comic books back up. "Which one?" She asked.

"Who... is that?" El asked, pointing to the Wonder Woman comic.

"See, this is why Summer should stop spending all her time with Mike and take you out in the world." Max said. I stuck my tongue out at her in a joking matter. I then moved so that El was in the middle of us, so she could get a better look at the comic. "This is Wonder Woman." Max said.

"AKA Princess Diana. She's from paradise island, which is, like, this hidden island where there are only women Amazon warriors." I told El, trying to take my mind off of what happened today. 

----------------------

"Do you copy? This is a code red. I repeat, this is a code red. Max! Do you copy? This is a code red." Lucas' voice said through Max's walkie, waking us all up. Max picked her walkie up. 

"Shut up." She told him. She then pushed the antenna down and shut her walkie off completely. The three of us laid back down and tried to go back to sleep. 
A few minutes later, her phone rang. Max violently sat up from the bed. "Ugh, you've got to be kidding me." She then got up and picked up the phone. "I'm sleeping go away." She said. She went to put the phone down before stopping and putting back up to her ear. "What are you talking about?" She asked. El and I looked at each other, confused. "What?" Max asked. We then heard the click from the phone and the line went dead. Max stared at the phone looking confused.