V1 S4 E3 - Continued

"...and that's when you struck her?" The officer asked. I nodded. After taking us away in the police cars, they brought us down to the police station and took Eleven and I into different interrogation rooms. They had been asking me questions for a while now, but all I could think of was El. "I'm gonna need you to give me a verbal response." I sighed, bouncing my leg up and down. 

"Yes. That's when I struck her." I said, answering his question. 

"And why did you strike her?" The other officer asked. 

"I don't know." I told him. 

"You don't know?" The first officer asked. 

"You know, the girl you hit, she got a grade two concussion. Did you know that?" The other officer asked. 

"No." I told him. 'She deserved it.' Said the voice in my head. 

"She doesn't seem that upset about it, does she?" The first officer asked the other one. 

"No, she doesn't." The other officer told him. 

"No, she doesn't." The first officer repeated. 

"I wanna see Jane." I told them. 

"You can see her after you've both gone through processing." The other officer told me. 

"Did you wanna kill her?" The first officer asked before I had the chance to say anything else. I stared at him as I thought about it, about that moment. The moment right before I struck her. I had been embarrassed, distressed, anxious, upset...but most of all I had been angry, furious. I had wanted to hurt her, sure, but kill her? 

"I don't...I don't know." I told him. 

"You didn't know if you wanted to kill her?" He asked. Flashes of my nightmare last night went through my mind. I closed my eyes and put my head to my shoulder for a second, trying to clear my mind. 

"No." I told him. 

"No, you didn't want to kill her, or no, you don't know?" He asked. 

"I- I don't know." I told him, getting stressed. I just wanted to get out of here. 

"Listen, we can't help you or your sister unless you tell us the truth." The other officer told me. I sat back in my chair and took a breath. I didn't have to tell them everything, but if I gave them something, maybe they wouldn't charge El with anything. 

"Angela has been bullying Jane and I for months. We were at Rink-O-Mania and she embarrassed us, and then she was saying things about our father. I had enough of it and I snapped. I realized what I had done, but...it was too late." I told them. 

"Alright. We'll look into that." Said the head officer. I looked away and laughed in disbelief. Whatever the hell 'looking into it' meant. 
The officers then took me to get my picture taken. They handed me a sign with a bunch of different information on it. It had my ID number which was 066186, the date, the town, and my name. They took a picture of the front and both sides of my face. After they were satisfied with my pictures, they took me to a room to get my fingerprints. An officer held onto my hand and pushed each other my fingers on both hands into the ink, one at a time, and then onto the piece of paper. The entire time, I wanted nothing more than to get back to El and Will. 

Once my fingerprints were completed, they put handcuffs back on me and walked me outside and towards a van. "Where are you taking me?" I asked. 

"Juvenile Hall." They told me. My eyes widened and tears stung at my eyes. I don't know what I was expecting, but I guess I hadn't really thought about the fact that I would go to jail today.  They opened the doors and took my handcuffs off before putting me inside. I sat down on the seat on the right and they closed the doors, the lock clicking into place. A few minutes later and we were still sitting there. I began to wonder if they were waiting for someone else. A few minutes later, the doors opened again and El was put into the van. She sat across from me. The officers closed the doors and I heard the lock again. The van then started up and took off. The only windows in the van were behind El's and I' heads and on the doors. I looked out the ones on the doors, trying to think about anything else than what was at the end of this car ride.