S3 E8 - Continued

"Back in the mall!" Nancy yelled. "Back in the mall, go, go, go!" Mike threw open the door and both he and Will jumped out. They then grabbed on to me and helped me get out of the trunk. 

"Be careful!" Mike said, he and Will both trying to quickly get me out of the car without hurting me further. As soon as I was out of the car, Will and Mike began to support me and go as fast as we could. The sound of Billy revving the engine got quieter and quieter, but it did nothing to ease my fear. 

Will and Mike found a spot for me to sit. They set me down and then Mike grabbed his walkie and began to try and get a hold of the others. "Scoops Troop, do you copy? Scoops Troop, do you copy? Scoops Troop, do you copy? Scoops Troop, I repeat, do you copy? We're trapped in the mall and in need of emergency transportation. Scoops Troop, do you copy? Billy has found us. He has disabled our car and we are trapped in the mall." Mike said. I turned my attention away from him when I heard the sound of a gun being loaded. I looked over to see Nancy putting bullets into a handgun. 

"You're gonna kill him, aren't you?" Max asked, concern written across her face. 

"This is just a precaution, okay?" Nancy told her. 

"And not just against Billy. If he knows we're here, so does the Mind Flayer." Will said, trying to make Max feel somewhat better. 

"Scoops Troop, I repeat, we are in need of emergency transportation. Do you copy?" Mike said, pacing around the area. He brought his walkie up to his ear to listen, but there was only static. "Scoops Troop, do you copy?" 

"No chance that thing'll drive, right?" Nancy rhetorically asked, referring to the car I had flipped.  

"We don't need it to drive." Jonathan said, his eyes going wide. "We just need the ignition cable." 

We got everyone to come over to try and push the car back onto all for wheels so we could get to the ignition cable. Lucas, Max, Mike, Nancy, and Jonathan all got on one side of the car and began to try and push it. El and I stayed back as we couldn't help with our legs, and Will stayed back in case something happened to one of us. As they pushed, the car started to move. I thought that they would be able to flip it over, but after a while, they had made no more progress. They dropped the car back to where it was. "Let us try." I said, referring to El and I. 

"Sum..." Mike said, catching his breath. I limped forward a few steps. 

"Mike..." I said in the same tone. I then looked back at El before looking back at Mike. "We can do it." 

Everyone moved away from the car and came to stand behind El and I. We each put one of our arms out and began to focus on trying to turn the car back over. After only a few seconds, the car started to rock, making loud noises. Unfortunately, that's as much as the car was doing. No matter how hard El and I tried to make the car move, it wouldn't. Panic went through me. I should have enough energy to do this, especially with El. None of this made sense. I pushed myself harder and harder, but it made no difference. 

Eventually, El and I had to stop, and we let our arms fall. El wiped the blood off her nose and stood back. Everyone was telling her how it was alright. But it wasn't. We couldn't flip the car, we couldn't use our powers. 
But we should be able to. We had to. I put both of my arms up and began to try my hardest to pull the car back up. I started grunting, pushing myself to flip that damn car. "Summer, stop. It's okay." I heard Mike say. I ignored him. I was going to do this. "Summer, Summer stop!" He yelled. It only made me go harder, blood dripped from my nose. "Summer!" Mike yelled. He then came over to me and used an arm to pin my hands down, stopping me from continuing. "That's enough. It's okay." He told me. 

"Mike." I said, a warning in my tone. I then looked up at him, glaring, trying to get him to surrender. When I met his gaze, mine immediately softened. I saw the genuine concern and worry that flooded his eyes. I dropped my gaze and instead stared intently at the car.