S2 E2 - Trick or Treat, Freak

November, 1983

Your safe here kid, your safe here." Hop told me. I was in a cabin of his in the woods, hiding from the bad men. They were rumored to be going around and knocking on people's door and asking if they found any one who looks like me. They were bound to check everyone's house, so Hop and I are hiding in the woods.

"What if they hurt Mom, or Jonathan, or, or Will?" I asked.

"They won't." Hop told me. "They won't."

November, 1984

'Summer, Summer come on wake up! Summer!" Someone said, shaking me.

I opened my eyes and came face to face with my mother. "Ah, Summer thank god. Don't want you to be late for school. Jonathan's making breakfast, so, when your ready, come out and eat." She told me, I nodded. Once she left my room, I thought about what I had just dreamt. It took me a second to remember the details, but, it's from after I got out of the hospital. I had to go into hiding, and I hated it. Will had just gotten better but I couldn't see him, I couldn't see Mike, or Lucas, or Dustin. The only person I saw for almost three weeks, until winter break, had been Hopper. After rubbing my eyes and getting used to being awake, I got out of bed and made my way to the dinning room. I was in the hall when my mom came back down it, calling for Will. "Will come on hubby." She said, clapping. I just continued to walk down the hall and to the table. "Will?" She asked. "Jonathan, Summer, have either of you seen Will?" She asked.

"Yeah?" Jonathan called.

"Where's Will?" My mom asked.

"What?" I asked her. She turned to look at me.

"Where's Will?" She asked.

"What? He's not in his room?" Jonathan asked in almost a bored voice.

"No." My mom told us.

"Maybe he rolled under his bed?" I asked, trying to suggest something. My mom ran back into the hallway to look for Will. Jonathan then grabbed a plate and set it down in front of me. "Thank you my good sir." I told him.

"Your welcome madam." He replied. I smiled at him, he returned it. A few minutes later, Will walked in, sat down, and ate his breakfast. After I finished breakfast and ran to my room and got ready, my mom helped Will and I slip into our ghostbusters costumes. My mom helped Will our in his proton pack.

"Oh, let me get some tape." My mom must've noticed a cord loose on Will's pack. She walked over to his desk to get tape while Will helped me get on my pack. "What's this?" My mom asked. Both Will and I looked over at her. She had picked up one of Will's drawings. It was a big creature, it had a lot of legs. It almost looked.....familiar, like I had seen it before. Although I'm not sure where I would've seen that.

"Uh, Nothing." Will lied. He was getting nervous. He must've had another episode.

"Did you have another episode?" Mom asked him. He looked at her.

"No um, it's just a sketch for a story I'm writing." Will told her. She then set the picture down.

"Okay." She sighed. We walked out into the living room and Jonathan has his camera.

"1...2....3..." Jonathan said, and snapped Will's and I's photo. "Hold up the proton blaster." Jonathan told us, snapping another photo. "Alright, and now turn to the light." We did as Jonathan told us.

A little later, Will and I had been dropped off at school and were waiting for the others. We saw them arriving together and singing the ghostbusters theme song. "Who ya gonna call?" They said, parking their bikes.