chapter 26

Aubrey POV

Ian leads me into the kitchen and Riley was right Evelyn as made the most amazing looking and smelling spaghetti and meatballs.

Riley is already sat in one of the seats starting the meal, Ian does not let go of my hand until he walks me to the chair I sat last time, which happens to be opposite Riley, whilst Ian sits at the head of the table.

Ian looks to Riley who has no shame in just digging in, I stifle a giggle as Ian rolls his eyes.

"Thanks for having us Ian" I say on behalf of both Riley and I.

"Yeah" Ian grunts giving Riley the side eye, yet she is completely oblivious.

Ian keeps looking at me like he wants to say something but then shakes his head and continues to eat. We eat in silence, well silence apart from Riley's slurping, me trying not to laugh and Ian grunting in frustration.

After a few minutes the Riley breaks the silence by saying "Aubrey hurry up so we can leave" as she wipes the sauce from around her mouth.

Ian looks at her disgusted that she has used her sleeve and shakes his head. It's almost like he was too distracted by Riley's mannerisms that he didn't process what she said until later, so just as I am about to say something Ian says "No, she is staying here." staring daggers at his spaghetti.

"No she is not" Riley says pushing her chair out and standing up.

I hear Ian mutter under his breath before he then shifts his cold glare onto Riley "Fucks sake you're annoying. Yes she is staying" he pauses then uses his hands to motion to her "But you, please do fuck off" and then he returns his attention to the spaghetti and brings a mouthful to his lips.

"Are you sure it's ok if I stay?" I ask, call me anxious but I just want to make sure he isn't saying this because he doesn't like Riley.

He throws down his fork onto the table and looks at me dead in the eye, I gulp, and he says "You know what no, I just asked you to be my girlfriend and said I really like spending time with you." he throws his hands in the air "But no it would make sense for me to want you fuck off as well" he says sarcastically.

"Well you heard the man" Riley says walking around to my side of the table.

"No jesus christ" he says bringing his head to his hands. Riley and I both look at him and Riley starts chuckling and mouthing 'He is so easy to annoy, it's fun'.

I stifle a laugh but stop immediately as Ian brings his head up to look at me.

"Angel stay." then he turns his gaze to Riley and says "You, fuck off"

"Aubrey?" Riley says turning to look at me.

"Yeah, it's all good. Thank you so much for this arvo Riley, I'll see you tomorrow." I say looking at her and see in the corner of my eye Ian muttering to himself and stabbing his pasta aggressively.

She nods and as she leaves the kitchen she says "Well this was awful, let's never do it again!" and then she is blocked from my view as two guards follow behind her. Probably making sure she leaves.

"Agreed" Ian mutters. He then turns his attention to me and stops his assault on his pasta "How do you like her?"

"She is cool and a genuine person" I say looking down at my food and twirling pasta on my fork.

"Genuine my ass" Ian mumbles and puts a meatball in his mouth. I laugh and he snaps his attention to me so I just act innocent and bring a mouthful of pasta to my lips

I am about to say something else when an unfamiliar voice says "Boss there is an issue with the-"

They are cut off by Ian's death glare as he says "Conference room now." and the men scurry off. He stands up abruptly and softens his features to look at me, he bends down to my height sitting and says "Angel I will be right back"