chapter 28

Riley POV

As soon as I am standing outside the bookstore it dawns on me what I am doing. What the fuck am I doing?

I'm fucking being a go-getting bitch, that's what I'm doing. A bitch who gets what she wants. And what I want just so happens to be the cute little brown haired, brown eyed girl who works at the bookstore and makes my heart melt with a simple look.

Yes the stone cold bitch fell for a goody two shoes. How much more similar can I get to a cliche romcom?

I hate myself for even pulling this shit, but not as much as I hate the idea of letting Aubrey slip away. Especially to slip away to that bastard Ian without me at least trying. I saw how she looked at me and unless I am completely delusional she is not a hetero. And if she is, well I'll probably go punch something. Maybe I can ask Ian for a fight, we did bet. I scoff thinking about that loser.

I pull open the door to the little bookshop and the fucking ding of the bell scares me making me jump slightly. Great a fucking bell scared me. I think Aubrey has broken me.

I look around and suddenly I see Aubrey standing there like a fucking goddess in her little apron adorned with pins, stacking books. 

She notices me looking and looks a little shocked but offers me a shy smile and adorable little wave, which I can't help but just chuckle at her whilst shaking my head. I walk closer to her and when I am standing in front of her she says "Hey" stopping stacking the books to give me her full attention.

"Hey" I say, surprised anything came out because my mouth feel so dry. 

"So how can I help you today?" she says in her cute professional voice, I roll my eyes to try and stop myself from blushing but I can't help the small smile that graces my lips. I then catch sight of her lips and immediately decide to do what I came here to do. Kiss her.

I crash my lips to hers and feel the spark and mutter "You can kiss me". The small glimmer I felt  when I first saw her erupted into a flame of passion and desire with our lips connected. I know she felt it too, she kisses back but them almost immediately pushes me away.

Aubrey POV

I stand there completely frozen as Riley kisses me. And there is an undeniable spark, so much different to Ian and I's, it's like my body is on fire with emotion and my body takes over and I kiss her back. After a few seconds the gravity of the situation falls onto me. HOLY SHIT RILEY IS KISSING ME?!

I quickly bring my hands to her shoulders and push her off me, stuttering in confusion "Wait...whaa wha" waving my hands.

Her cheeks are a deep red and she smirks at me. "Fuck you taste good" she smirks her eyes still trained on my now swollen lips.

"Wait um... no... what? No... IAN" I stutter than slap my hand across my mouth with my eyes wide.

Her smirk fades and her cold expression returns "You're not seriously dating that idiot are you?" she says rolling her eyes.

"Uhh yeah, but shit my first relationship and I've cheated, just great! I'm a horrible person... I'll die alone, I won't be a cat lady but just a lady with an absurdly large amount of dogs...maybe I'll get a snake or no a- " I start rambling and pacing slightly, but I am interrupted.

"Stop rambling or I'll kiss you again" Riley says teasingly and snickering. 

I immediately shut up and look at her with wide eyes. 

"So you're a hetero huh" she says with disappointment looking down to our shoes, even though she knows full well that the sparks we felt were mutual and no heterosexual would be feeling that with someone of the same sex.