chapter 10

thank you guys for over 200 reads! you are all legends <3

if you can, it would mean a lot if you would comment please. 

i hope you enjoy!

Ian POV

I firmly grasp her hand and lead her out of the kitchen with her behind me. I don't want her to see the blush I have on my cheeks from what I can only describe to be some sort of nervous energy. Fuck I am never nervous. I've never cared what someone thinks about me before. I just need her to like me because this girl already has me wrapped around her finger. 

I take her into the living room and look behind me to see her staring around the room with the most adorable look of wonder on her face. I must admit I got lost in this house the first few times I visited. 

Deciding I just want to get to know her more I sit on the couch and pull her close to me. She gasps and looks at me with wide eyes, to which I just chuckle. I look into her eyes and I am stuck in a trance of awe at her beauty, both inside and most definitely outside. 

"So um- what's your favourite colour?" my angel asks with a blush on her cheeks and she looks away, obviously finding my staring too intense. 

I laugh at her awkwardness and respond "Recently I've been obsessed with the colour red" whilst taking my hand and grazing against her cheek. 

Obviously not getting that I was referencing her cheeks, she smiles and responds "That's my Dad's favourite colour!" 

I chuckle at her innocence and have to restrain myself from just picking her up and peppering her face with kisses. 

"What about you?" I ask leaning forward close enough that I am entranced by her intoxicating rose scent. 

"Wait what about me?" she asks tilting her head slightly.

I chuckle and smile whilst banging my forehead lightly against hers and saying "Your favourite color silly." 

I feel her squirm slightly before she responds "Oh I don't have one" giggling slightly.

I pull away from her face and look at her with fake astonishment "How can you not have a favorite color?" 

She looks shocked and gasps "Well how could I possibly choose!"

"Angel you just have to pick one!" 

"That's the issue Ian!" she says giving an exasperated sigh and leaning back into the couch in defeat.

I stumble slightly hearing her utter my name so perfectly and then laugh at her cuteness. I have never had such a ridiculous conversation in my life, yet with her it is the most interesting conversation I have had in my life to date.

After that she seems to relax a bit and we talk and laugh for the next hour. Through our chat it has just solidified my infatuation with her. She seems like she genuinely cares, asking me questions, that I was careful to dodge. Yet some part of me feels guilty that I will bring her into my world, but I don't think I can do it without her. 

We are brought out of our laugh attack, something I have never experienced before. Yet this girl is providing me with so many firsts. 

"The lasagna is ready boss" Evelyn says walking into the room, she tried to hide her shock. No one has ever seen me like this. 

Aubrey jumps up from the couch too quickly for me to stop her and I pout slightly. She directs her gaze to me, grabs my hands and tries to lift me up.

I am at first shocked by her initiating the contact, but this means she is getting more comfortable. The thought alone makes my stomach fill with butterflies. Fuck I'm such a wimp.