chapter 25

Ian POV

I return to school to pick up Aubrey, feeling a little bit calmer than I was before. But not fucking calm enough. Only Aubrey can make me calm, and the fact that I am mad at her just makes me so fucking sad. 

FUCK! I bang my head on the steering wheel my own thoughts killing me, but I shoot back up when the horn goes off and I bang the back of my head on the seat. Jesus christ, I need to pull myself together. I scared myself with a fucking horn. I am a gangleader yet this tiny girl has me going crazy and she doesn't even know it.

People in the school carpark are looking at me after my horn incident so I just flash them my usual cold death glare as I get out of the car. That usually gets them to shut up and mind their own business. 

I put on my leather jacket and sunglasses and then lean on the car, waiting for Aubrey. I know she said that she was 'busy', but that's a fucking lie and I will intercept her as she tries to leave. 

Five minutes pass and I try search through the mass of teenagers piling out of school for my angel. She is nowhere to be seen. I decide to call her because there is no way I am fighting my way into the school against a hoard of teenagers. No answer. Great.

I wait another twenty minutes and the crowd of people leaving the school becomes few and far between. I keep calling her hopefully breaking down her stubbornness so she will just answer me. 

I walk into the school and start searching for my angel. I go to her locker and see no one there, I then go into the library. I walk leaving no part of the library unseen and I obviously look distressed with my laboured breathing as confused people look up at me. But I ignore them and focus on finding my angel.

I kept calling her on my phone but no response. Oh boy am I getting fucking pissed again. But then I can't help but worry about her. What if something happened? 

She must have left! But how the hell did I miss her? I bring my hands to my hair and start tugging on them as I grunt loudly. People look up from their desks' to stare at me, I shoot one particularly snobby looking girl and death glare and then walk out of the library.

As I am walking back down the halls to my car, I see someone familiar, someone who sits with Aubrey. 

"Hey!" I shout as I jog over to the girl, who is at her locker.

She turns around confused, and looks up and down the hall wondering if I was talking to anyone else.

"Where is Aubrey?" I ask coldly as soon as I close the distance between us.

"Wait what?" she asks shaking her head obviously confused, but I really don't have time for this. 

"Where the fuck is Aubrey?! You are friends with her right?" I say getting more agitated and bring my hands to run through my hair. 

"Yeah I am friends with her but I don't know where she is Ian" she says turning back to her locker and taking out her books.

 I grab her shoulders and turn her to face me again. "What the hell!" she says

Her phone that is sitting face up in her locker lights up with a message and we both snap our heads to look at it. It's a snapchat from Aubrey.

"Fucking open it" I say nodding my head towards her phone.

"What the hell is your problem dude" she says shrugging off my shoulders and grabbing her phone.

"Open it" I say coldly. She unlocks her phone and before she can do anything I snatch her phone from her.

"What are you-" she starts but I cut her off by waving one hand in air and saying "Shut up." whilst opening her snapchat app.

She shuts her mouth and mutters "Whatever"