chapter 33

Aubrey POV

I hesitantly approach and like the predator he is, he immediately snaps his head up to look at me, his prey. He wipes at his face and then comes running towards me, I stumble back slightly as he brings me into a bone crushing hug.

"Please.. please let go" I say struggling in this grip of the man I am so terrified of. He releases me and bends down to my level assessing my face, leaving two hands on my shoulder to assure I can't runaway.

"What's this?" he questions his eyes going dark as he swipes his thumb across my cheek and when he brings it in front of my face I see blood.

"Ple-ease j-just le-leave me a-alone" I stutter visibly trembling at how close we are. He looks me up at down and I see a wave of hurt flash across his face and he furrows his brow. I take a step backward but immediately he swoops me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"Pu-ut me-ee do-ow-own!" I stutter again banging my fists against his back. This has no effect as he proceeds to unlock my house with a key and enter. He plops me down on the couch so I am lying down and he is standing over me. I scramble to sit up but he pushes me back down with one large hand to my shoulder.

"IAN pl-plea-se-se" I stutter again, growing angry at him and my inability to speak properly. 

"Angel please don't be scared" he almost whimpers grabbing my hand to hold, but I immediately snatch it back to my chest. He obviously sees the blood and his eyes darken and his jaw clenches.

"Where are you hurt?" he asks demandingly. Before I could answer he is forcibly taking off my hoodie. He growls when he sees my singlet covered in blood and as he goes to remove that too I bring my hand to encase his, causing him to stop and look at me with shock.

"Nno-no! It's n-not m-mine-ne!" I yell.

He brings his hands to run them through his hair and he lets out an exacerbated sigh "Where the fuck did you run off to? I have been going up and down all the streets looking for you and when I couldn't find you I thought you went home! But you weren't fucking there and you scared me half to death! I was worried sick and you didn't even answer your phone!" he says flustered his face turning red with anger and what looks to be his eyes growing wet. 

I look at him in complete shock. I scared him half to death? This boy serious? He literally shot someone in front of me scaring me half to death and nearly scaring poor Alex to his death. I would say this but I am too paralysed by my fear, so I just stare up at him with wide eyes and gulp.

He mutters 'fuck' and then says with a softened voice "Whose blood is this angel?"

I just continue looking at him and trembling under his gaze he clenches his jaw and his face saddened like my fear pains him. When he sees I am not going to respond he looks as if he is about to say something but he stops himself and tugs at his hair in frustration. 

"You will tell me, but first we should get you cleaned up" Ian says trying to soften his face to not scare me but we are way past that point. 

I muster up the courage I have to whimper a weak "No" and shake my head.

"Yes" Ian says lowly and moves closer to me reaching out his hands to pick me up again.

"GET OUT!" I finally scream at his face. He stops immediately trying to reach me and he looks so shocked and hurt, his face twists with pain as my rejection looks to physically harm him.

It is finally starting to make sense, like the pieces of his half-truths are coming to fruition. Ian is part of a gang. It literally sounds so ridiculous now I say this, 'my boyfriend is a gang leader', bloody sounds like the title to some trashy romance- which I love to read but don't endeavour to live out.