chapter 45

ahhhhh sorry i haven't posted in a while!!!!!!! ALSO WTF 129K?!?!?! thank you all so much for reading and i hope my book as been a good time waster for you all!!!

also y'all you don't have to worry about Aubrey cheating on Ian. Riley just came over to keep an eye on Aubrey because she was worried about her!

⚠️smut warning ⚠️

Aubrey POV

A few hours have passed and Riley and I have just been sitting on the couch watching movies and chatting. She loves chatting right when important dialogue comes up too. So that's fun.

We are interrupted by a loud coughing noise and I turn my head to see Ian's large frame towering over us.

He squints his eyes at Riley and gives her a curt nod before leaning down to press a kiss to my forehead. "Hey angel"

"Hi" I say shyly, dammit Aubrey.

He straightens and then trains his attention to Riley. "You can go now"

Riley looks to me and I say "Oh no Bear, I said Riley could stay the night because you know it's getting late and all"

Riley widens her eyes and then turns her attention to see Ian's reaction which is a noticeable jaw clench. "I think Riley will be just fine. " Ian says gritting out and then turning to face Riley "Won't you."

"No she stays!" I say not being able to make eye contact with Ian so just looking at Riley as she widens her eyes in 'oh shit'.

"Ok well go to your room or something then" Ian groans training his attention to Riley.

She laughs and says "Ok Daddy" . I look at her wide eyed and then burst out laughing. A low cough from Ian stops us both from laughing and he gives me a serious glare that makes me gulp.

"Well goodnight babe" Riley says getting off the couch. She turns to look at Ian and gives him a fake smile before walking up the stairs.

Ian looks as he is about so say something as he makes his way closer to me so I say jumping off the couch"I made burgers"

He hums lowly and tries to close the distance between us but I just back away "Ok, I'll just heat it up for you" I say turning away from him and walking quickly into the kitchen.

I make it to the kitchen and immediately busy myself with the stove. I feel him enter the kitchen as it feels as though the entire atmosphere as changed and I visibly straighten.

Suddenly his large hands are resting on my hips and his warm minty breath fans across my face as he leans down so his face is level with mine.

"Hi" I squeak to which he chuckles huskily and presses a kiss to the side of my neck.

"Hello" he whispers against my neck sending tingles throughout my body.

I try to move away from him and get a plate out but he manoeuvres me to the other side of the bench and traps me against it his body pressing intimidatingly against mine.

He brings one hand to caress my cheek and I can't help but melt into his warm embrace. His silver eyes flash with adoration but he recomposes his intimidating gaze.

"So fuckface huh?" he murmurs lowly.

I just widen my eyes and avert them from his glaring silver ones.

He laughs deeply and then brings his eyes back to me "Not so confident now are we angel?" he smirks.

That smirk pissing me off I gain unwarranted confidence "So you're gonna like ban me from swearing?"