chapter 15

Aubrey POV

I stand there for what feels like hours as I wrap my head around what just happened. Hearing the bell go off indicating the next class is about to start I jump startled and immediately go gather my things. 

The rest of the day passes without me seeing Ian and for that I am very grateful. 

"Ready to go princess" Spencer says leaning against the locker next to mine as I get my stuff.

"Almost" I say momentarily looking at him and then focusing on trying to stuff all my books in my bag. 

My bag and the books I am trying to stuff in are all of a sudden ripped from my grasp. 

"Leave" I hear Ian say. I look up to see him holding my stuff and staring directly at Spencer.

"I think I'm good thanks" Spencer says staring straight back at Ian.

Ian clenches his jaw and uses his free hand to usher me behind him. I can only oblige with the amount of force he is using. 

"Gray what the hell-" I start to say but am cut off by Ian talking to Spencer.

"I would leave if I were you" Ian says bringing his hand from caging me behind him to lift up his shirt. I can't see what is underneath but I can gather from Spencer's shocked expression.

"Dude what the fuck?!" Spencer says, quickly looking at me to make sure I'm ok and I just nod.

"Don't look at her" Ian snaps and brings his hand to push me further behind him. He keeps his hand there wrapped around my head and trapped against his back. His other hand still holding onto all my stuff.

"Spencer it's ok, you can go" I say but it's slightly muffled since my face is pressed against Ian's back.

"You heard the lady" Ian says, if I could see him now I know he would be smirking.

"Aubs I'm not leaving" Spencer grits out.

"Oh just go already" Ian says getting exasperated. 

"Spencer, don't worry it's all good, I'll text you when I get home" Ian growls slightly at the last part and pulls me closer to him.

"Aubrey" Spencer says, you can hear the resignation in his voice.

"Spencer go" I say, really hating the fact I'm making him worry. I don't like this and the attention it is bringing. 

"Don't you fucking hurt her Ian, or I swear" Spencer says and I can hear him get closer. 

Ian just chuckles darkly, I can feel his body rumble. 

A few seconds later, yet it feels like an eternity, Ian turns me around, resting his hand on my shoulder to make sure I can't leave. "Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I said not to talk to him" now directing his dark gaze at me.

We are so close and he towers above me so I have to crane my neck to look up at his face. "Ian he is my friend, the friend I had when you dropped me like the shit on the bottom of your shoe and then disappeared for two days" I say trying hard so he can't hear the cracks in my voice.

Ian's gaze on me softens and he removes his hand from my shoulder and runs his hands through his hair. I step back slightly and this brings his hand back down onto my shoulder, making sure I can't move away any further.

"Fuck" he mutters and then leans forward to rest his forehead against mine. His minty breath fans across my face and he says "I'm so sorry angel"

I shrug in response and then he stands tall again and looks down at me. He uses his free hand to cup my cheek and says "I was just trying to protect you"