chapter 48

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND FOR ALL YOUR LOVELY MESSAGES.

Aubrey POV

Ian just stares at me blankly after my confession but moments after his face morphs into the brightest smile.

"Say it again" he says eager his eyes lighting up the room.

"Ian" I start to say and he nods his mouth parted in anticipation that I can't help but to giggle at him.

He pouts and shakes me slightly while I am still seated on his lap "Come onnnn" he whines.

"Ian...I love you!" I say wrapping my arms around his neck and bringing him into a hug. He hugs me back tightly and mumbles things I can't quite make out into my neck.

I am interrupted by the buzzing of my phone in my pocket. I try to pull away to look but Ian whines and grips me tighter huskily ordering a "No".

I laugh at his antics and decide to press a kiss to the side of his face. He takes his head and brings it in front of mine with a goofy grin and presses a light kiss to my nose. "I love you so much my angel"

---

A week or so passes and everything feels sublime. Life almost seems brighter- ok I may be being overkill here but honestly my life is now tinted rose. I am happy, we are happy. Admitting the big L-word honestly was so freeing. I thought that letting him know I love him would just make me more vulnerable, I hate being vulnerable, but honestly that vulnerability with each other makes us stronger. 

Of course sometimes I can't help but think the more raw and vulnerable I am with him the more it will hurt when he leaves me. But I can't think like that and I refuse to think like that. Especially with all that Ian has proven, he makes me feel special and we complete each other.

And now I am standing outside of Ian's big ass mansion. I don't know why I am nervous right now, but this huge house of Ian's in intimidating especially with the people and guns inside. I ring the doorbell and a smiling Ian opens the door and within seconds I am wrapped in a tight embrace and all my worries and fears melt away with his tight embrace.

"Hi" I muffle into his chest. 

"Sorry I couldn't come pick you up angel" he says squeezing me.

"All good bear" I say pulling away and giving him a big smile. He smiles and pinches my cheeks earning him a light slap before he laughs, takes my hand and leads me into his house.

We watch about 3 episodes of Brooklyn 9-9 before some of Ian's men walk into the room. One of the guys I recognise from when I was here last but for the love of the anything I cannot remember his name. Ian shoots them a death glare but then sees the concern etched on their faces.

"What's wrong?" I ask, but am ignored- yeah that's chill ok.

Ian stands up, presses a kiss to my forehead "Be right back baby" and leaves the living room with the men as they whisper to each other. 

What on earth was that about? I decide to steal all the blanket and wrap myself in it like a cocoon. I'm stopped when I hear yelling coming from other parts of the house.

"So dramatic these gang people" I mutter to myself and reach forward to get some chips from the coffee table. A loud bang startles me and I drop some of the chips from the bowl. That was a bloody gunshot. I start eating the chips and just decide to ignore, I mean what do I expect being in a bloody gang house. 

But then there is more yelling and more gunshots and I find myself completely and utterly terrified also kind of annoyed. Like I was trying just to have a nice night and then this shit happens- very much not in the mood.

I think out the options, do I leave and potentially get shot or do I stay and get potentially shot? I decide to stay here because Ian knows where I am, and despite the fact I refuse to be a damsel in distress these bitches have guns and I do not- and this is Ian's fault so he can at least help me not die today.

I scoot off the couch and sit on the floor to sort of hide from these people. I hear more yelling and gunshots so I decide to distract myself by biting a chip in the shape of a star. I am honestly terrified but there really isn't much more that I can do.

"AUBREY!" I hear a frantic Ian yell.

Oh yay he is back. Before I can answer he comes into my view and sees me sitting on the floor cocooned in my blanket eating the chips. He chuckles before putting the gun in his back pocket and picking me up.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Sshhh it's ok" Ian coos and presses my head down into his chest. Ok thanks but what is going on? I'll ask later I guess.

He walks quickly through the house and the yelling and fighting is louder but Ian doesn't let me bring my head up for even a moment. 

I know we are outside when the crisp breeze tingles my exposed legs. 

"It's going to be ok" Ian says pressing a kiss to my head.

"Ian what is going on?" I ask as he lowers me into the passenger seat of a car.

"Rex is going to take you somewhere safe angel ok?" Ian says looking into my eyes with this look of fear I have only seen once or twice before, he tucks some hair behind my ear and leans in to kiss my nose tenderly.

"What about you?" I ask reaching out for him as he pulls away.

"Angel I'll be fine. I love you" he says closing the door. "Go now Rex" 

"Yes boss" Rex grunts

"But Ian!" I yell but the rest of my argument is irrelevant as Rex drives me away. The spot which he kiss now tingles but I don't dare wipe away the feeling as I watch Ian run back into the house. I have to stop the tears from falling down my face.

"He will be right miss, promise" Rex tries to assure me, his scared lip forming into a tight smile.

I offer him a forced smile in return and then lean my head on the window looking out at the bleak and dull night.

With every streetlamp we pass my heart clenches in anxious tension, you better not die on me you dickhead. 

I am brought out of my thoughts when a bright light comes into view from the side of my window blinding me, screeching sounds before everything goes black.

--------

hey guys sorry it has been a while since i updated, just had major writers block-still kinda do lmao.

sorry about the cliffhanger and short episode just wanted to get something out for y'all.

hope you all are having a good 2021 so far!