Abduction - Sailor Mercury

We watched, helpless as the light disappeared. There was a noise which caused Sailor Moon and I turn. We spotted Chibi-Usa and Chibi-Kumi. "What are you two doing here?" Sailor Moon demanded. "Chibi-Usa, Chibi-Kumi, answer me!" Sailor Moon ran up to them. I followed at a slower pace.

"So that's Chibi-Usa and Chibi-Kumi?" Mercury questioned.

"Were you two girls following us?" I asked softly, kneeling so I was at eye-height with them.

"You know something about this? Don't you?" Sailor Moon asked. The girls shrunk away. "Was this your plan? Are you with those kidnappers?" A black blur lept in front of us, and Luna landed in front of us.

"Usagi, don't." Luna said.

"Luna! Why are you defending her!"

"You need to calm down." Chibi-Usa and Chibi-Kumi turned heel and ran.

"She's getting away!"

"Listen to me!" My eyes snapped up to the children as they ran. They widened when two familiar gems peeked out from under their collars. Chibi-Usa held the Legendary Silver Crystal, while Chibi-Humi had the Legendary Gold Crystal around her neck. "Go easy on them." Luna pleaded. "They're just children. If you're too harsh, she won't tell us anything."

"But she's..." Sailor Moon trailed off.

Later that night, I couldn't sleep

Later that night, I couldn't sleep. It was raining, and I found myself nursing a mug of coffee and watching the little water droplets patter against my window. The doorbell then rang. With a quick glance to Mamo's room, and hearing him snoring, I set my mug down and opened the door. I looked down and saw Luna, soaking wet. "Sorry to bother you, but I need your help. I found the girls." I grabbed my umbrella, slipped on a jacket and pair of flats and huridly followed Luna. I could see the weird looks from others as I raced to follow her. The grls were at the park. I sighed, a soft smile falling on my face. With a little difficulty, Luna and I managed to get the girls to my apartment. I changed them out of their wet clothes and each into one of my sweaters, one that was too large on them. When I set them in bed, they reaced out for each other and clutched each other's hands. I pulled my hair out of it's ponytail, letting it fall down my back.

"They must have wondered around the city for hours before finding htmeselves at the park." Topaz said woridly, her tail moving back and forth at the edge of the bed where she sat with Luna.

"I think they were afraid to go home." Luna added as I perched myself at the edge of the bed, gazing at the sleeping children.

"If that's the case, I think it's best that they stay here for the night." I said. "Usako seemed so upset today."

"Usagi didn't mean it. Deep down she understands. Chibi-Usa and Chibi-Kumi are just scared. I think they might have been through some kind of trauma."

"So that's why they doesn't trust anyone." Topaz realised. "They doesn't know us, and whatever happened to them may have caused it. But I have no doubt that once they learn to trust us they'll open up." I reached out to the girls, gently brushing a paice of hair behind Chibi-Kumi's ear.