Showdown - Death Phantom

Just as Demande was bringing the Crystals closer, Black Lady and Emerald Lady rushed towards him, and everything...froze. Neo-Queen Gaia cracked an eye open as the world became still. "Nothing's moving..." She thought. Her eyes then widened, and her head snapped towards the Time Guardian. "She couldn't have....Pluto! She stopped time!" Sparks filtered from the Garnet Rod, releasing Usagi, the Sailor Guardians, Tuxedo Mask, Luna, Artemis, Malachite, Topaz, Sailor Earth, Black Lady and Emerald Lady.

"Why is it suddenly so calm?" Mercury asked, looking around.

"Everything is completely motionless." Artemis commented.

"The air is still." Malachite agreed.

"Nemesis isn't approaching." Topaz added, looking up at the sky to the dark planet.

"Everything's been frozen." Luna finished. Kumiko took a step as she un-froze, but she stopped short when the Moon Rod in her hand started to shine. Kumiko lifted it up...and her eyes became clear.

"Usa...ko..." She muttered. There was a clatter as Pluto dropped her Garnet Rod, and collapsed.

"Pluto!" Usagi exclaimed, running over to her. "Are you alright?" The rest of the Guardians, the cats, Tuxedo Mask and Neo-Queen Gaia rushed over.

"I can't believe you did that, Pluto." Neo-Queen Gaia said, astonished. "That was extremely reckless, how could you do something like that? You broke the most sacred law of time!"

"By stopping it?" Mercury asked.

"Why is that wrong?" Jupiter wondered. "She saved us all."

"What does breaking 'the most sacred law' mean?" Usagi questioned. "What's going to happen to her?"

"Queen...Serenity...warned me not to..." Pluto whimpered. "She said it would....cost me...my life..."

"Cost you...your life?" Usagi breathed.

"Time has stopped, but not for very long. Please hurry, before it restarts. Go to Demande, retrieve the four Legendary Crystals from him, and be very careful not to let them touch. Only you can do this, Sailor Moon."

"But Pluto-" Usagi started to protest.

"Go, quickly!" Usagi then quickly turned and rushed over to Demande, taking all four Crystals from him. From the sidelines, Kumiko, Black Lady and Emerald Lady watched the scene unfold.

"I got all the Crystals back, just like you told me too." Usagi said, showing them to the Time Guardian. "They're right here."

"Thank goodness..." Pluto breathed. Usagi knelt next to her.

"Yes, Pluto, it's all thanks to you."

"I always wanted to serve you as a Guardian." Pluto admitted to the blonde Princess. "To be of help, the way your friends are. I had long hoped to fight alongside you, and now that's been fulfilled." Tears started to form in garnet eyes. "Sailor Moon...future Neo-Queen Serenity...I have always admired you for your inner strength, and the size of your heart. So, please, Sailor Moon, I beg of you...save the Small Ladies, they need you." Pluto let out a string of chesty coughs.

"Pluto, stay with us!" Usagi begged.

"Please, Pluto, let us find a way to help you." Neo-Queen Gaia requested. Pluto turned her head to the Earthan Queen.

"No, my Queen, I broke the law." Pluto reminded her. "I committed this crime of my own volition. And now, I must attone for my sin." Pluto shakily gripped the Garnet Rod beside her, and lifted it to the air. "Diana, Amber..." She called softly. The two felines appeared in bubbles above the Guardian and dropped onto her.

"Pluto!" Diana gasped.

"What happened to you, Pluto?" Amber questioned.

"Are you badly hurt?"

"Diana, Amber, thank you so much." Pluto said softly, "You both did a fine job of guarding the Door in my place." Pluto turned to look at Neo-Queen Gaia. "Guarding time, and being keeper of the Door, they were my duties...but I also took a great deal of pride in them." Tears started to well up in Pluto's eyes, "My Queen, I failed you. I wasn't able to protect either of the Princesses...please forgive me." Pluto turned to look past the group, "Small...Ladies..." She whimpered, holding out the Space-Time key towards where she was looking. Her arm dropped as she took her last breath.