Road Trip

Two weeks later Nikki walks into the Lyell with a small travel suitcase in hand, she looks at Thomas and Jack who are stood in the offices ready for Nikki, Thomas looks down at his watch on his wrist before looking up at Nikki with a smile, he then turns to Clarissa who is sat at her desk working away on some notes for Nikki to give to the coroner in a couple of days time. "Right we will be off now Nikki has arrived," Thomas speaks up alerting Clarissa to the departure of himself, Nikki, and Jack, who are all heading to Birmingham for a Forensic pathology conference, meaning Thomas, Jack and Nikki would be representing the Lyell Centre.
"Okay, enjoy your two days away from this place, don't have too much fun without me," Clarissa chuckles.

"Oh don't you worry," Thomas laughs.
"Sure you can handle this place on your own, old girl?" Jack chuckles.
"Don't you worry, I won't burn the place to the ground without you all here to witness it!" Clarissa replies.

Nikki rolls her eyes before following Thomas and Jack down to the underground car park of the Lyell where Jack has parked his car, Jack opens up his car and the boot allowing Nikki and Thomas to put their small cases in the boot. Nikki closes the boot and gets into the front passenger seat while Thomas sits in the back ready for the journey to Birmingham.

Jack sets up the sat-nav before turning on the engine and following the directions of on the small screen in his car. Half way through the journey to Birmingham and now on the M6, Thomas notices Jack resting his hand on Nikki's thigh in between him changing the gears. "Keep your hands on the steering wheel Jack, do you want to kill us all?" Thomas speaks up from the back of the car.

Jack glances through the mirror noticing Thomas and smirks, "Don't worry, cars in cruise control, pratically driving itself."
Thomas continues to look at him horrifed, "I know but please, just keep some focus, you have plenty of time to touch Nikki up when you're not in a car," He responds.

Nikki looks down at Jack's hand and smiles, "He's behaving himself Thomas, he always rests his hand there, don't worry about it," Nikki responds as she looks over her shoulder at her boss with a cheerful smile on her face.
"Hmm, I hope he is too. Please be on your best behaviour when we get to the hotel... and I mean it both of you," Thomas responds as he looks back down at some notes he has on his lap, as he is preparing to give a speech to other pathologists and training pathologists.

"What! I'm always on my best behaviour, it's Jack that is the bad influence here," Nikki giggles before looking back down at her phone.
"Hmm, You're a bad influence too Nikki," Jack chuckles as he glances at her before looking back a the road and changing lanes.
"I mean it you two, please can you go two days without being touchy-feely, and try to reframe from having sex, it doesn't paint a very good light on the Lyell," Thomas says.

Both Jack and Nikki chuckle nervously at his comment, they both knew Thomas was on to them and possible knew about them having sex at work. "Okay, we promise we will be on our best behaviour, no sex, no teasing, no having fun," Nikki says keeping her eyes down on her phone.
"Spoilsport..." Jack huffs like a child.
"The reputation of the Lyell depends on you two behaving yourselves."

Jack and Nikki share a look before Jack looks back at the road, "What about in the hotel room?" Jack quizzes.
"You've got seprate rooms," Thomas announces which shocks the couple who were looking forward to some time alone during the conference trip to Birmingham.