Road Rage

Jack and Nikki are halfway to Epsom and so far the journey has been relatively quiet after a disagreement over who would pay for the petrol. Jack keeps his eyes fixed on the road while Nikki sits in the passenger seat watching the world go by, Jack glances at Nikki and then back at the road again, "So who is the DCI in charge and why do they require you? I mean there are plenty more pathologists in the world," Jack speaks.

Nikki snaps away from her daydream and looks at Jack, "It's DCS Robert Drake who requested me but the DI on the scene is apparently DI Kate Fowler," Nikki replies as she looks at the text message.

"Do you know this DCS?" Jack quizzes. He then quickly glances at her, "Have you slept with him? and he's back for more?" he teases.

"What no! Do you have me down as some sort of slut?" Nikki asks.
"No, No, I just thought a personal request you know" Jack smirks.
"Just because you've had no action in a while doesn't mean to say you can call me a slut, you're such an arse," She adds rolling her eyes before drawing her attention back to the world outside the passanger window which is passing by.

Jack sighs and slows the car down as they meet traffic, "So how do you know DCS Robert Drake?"
"Worked on a case with him a few years back, I'm sure you were on the case..." Nikki says.

Jack thinks to himself for a moment, "No, Can't remember anything," He smirks.
"Yeah, well he was on the case," Nikki speaks before falling silent again.

Jack thinks to himself for a while wondering what he could ask her and drop in a little flirt with her to see if she gets where he's hitting at, "So any big plans this weekend?" He quizzes.
"No," She responds as she looks down at her phone.

He continues to speak to himself before hitting the brakes a little sharp causing Nikki to jolt forward, "Jack, what are you playing at! My shoulder!" Nikki huffs, rubbing her shoulder she shoots him a glare.

"Sorry, bloody Grandpa on the road... LEARN TO BLOODY DRIVE!" Jack shouts as he over takes the driver using the third lane on the moterway.
"Jack! Slow down!" Nikki warns as she looks across and notices he's almost hitting ninty on an eighty road.
Jack slows down and notices Nikki holding onto her seat, "Are you scared?" He asks.
"You're being a knob, I'm driving back," Nikki huffs as she keeps an eye on his speed. "
"Touchy!" He mutters.
"Yeah touchy, you say that Jack, you won't be laughing when we're both dead on a mortuary slab!" Nikki hisses.

Jack falls silent sensing that he has annoyed Nikki, it's then not before Jack and Nikki arrive on a shopping carpark complex, "Where did you say the crime scene was? are you sure we are in the right place?" Jack quizzes.

"Yes, it says next to Sainsbury's, oh look there, right at the back, pull up over there" Nikki speaks as she points towards a derelict part of the shopping carpark.

Jack and Nikki pull up and get out the car before heading to the back of the car and changing into their soco suits and preparing to head to the crime scene, once they have everything together including their cases and masks they walk over to the police tape and show their ID's before walking in the direction of the most commotion.

"Dr Alexander, and Jack Hodgson from the Lyell Centre, Pathology and Foreniscs" Nikki smiles as she shows the ID card at the same time as Jack to the police officer in front of them.

"Ahh Yes, a little late what took you? I'm DI Kate Fowler," She smiles.
Nikki looks at Jack with an unamused look on her face, "You do know we came all the way from Central London?" Nikki quizzes.

Kate nods and then they both follow her towards the body who has been covered by a white tent, "Abigail Simms, Thirteen years of age, her parents have been informed, she's been missing since last night, parents reported her missing, shop owner found her this morning. Thought it was teenagers mucking about, a prank." Kate explains and Nikki nods before glancing at Jack.

Nikki then gets down to work moving carefully around the young girls body taking note of every detail, "Body is that of a Thirteen year old girl, Identifed as Abigail Simms, there are two identical cuts to the underside of her forearm, what could be defense wounds to the hands, previous scarrnig to the left wrist, possibily selfharm..." Nikki sighs as she gets up and takes a break, Children and young teenagers always had this effect on her making her feel like she could be maternal, but she always managed to push it to the back of her mind and ignore this horrible maternal feeling she was getting.